BMW E34 525tds DDE2

(1972 - 2010)
gytamas
n00b-1st Gear
n00b-1st Gear

BMW E34 525tds DDE2

Post by gytamas »

Hi all!

I have a huge problem, so i would like to ask for Your help.
About a week ago the engine in my 1995 525tds died (broken piston, injured cyl head), and i decided to replace the whole engine. I replaced it with an engine from a 1994 525tds, along with engine control cables and the ECU (DDE2) (This engine was fully operational in it's original chasis). After doing so, the engine can be easily started, but i have to push the accelerator a little bit otherwise it will stop immediately, and when i hit the accelerator the engine hardly gains rpms. I've recently discovered that 95 version has a newer ECU ( DDE2.1, and DDE2.0 in case of the older one -- if i'm correct), but i used the original one (for the engine). I've also noticed that there are some differences in the wiring of the two (different RPM values from the DDE / false RPM indication--> so i replaced the dashboard; one of the accelerator pedal's wires is mixed with one of the cruise control's wires--> already changed the wires in the connector still not good). I have a few pages of schematic of the car's electrical wiring (for the older one), so i was able to check some of the wires(e.g. all 7 wires of the fuel injection pump seems to go were it supposed to, the accelerator pedal's wiring is now is the same as it was in the old chasis). So now i'm totally out of ideas.
Do You experts have some suggestions or ideas what else can be different in these two models?