Renderings: BMW i8 Production Version

What's New in the BMW World!?

Moderators: synergy, kyleabaker

bimmermania
Turbo Charged Member
Turbo Charged Member

Renderings: BMW i8 Production Version

Post by bimmermania »

In 2014, BMW will launch their own interpretation of a sportscar. Dubbed i8, the hybrid sportscar comes to market to emphasize the core values of the new BMW i sub-brand.

While BMW is still putting the finishing touches on the i8, Behence.net takes a stab at rendering how the production model will look like. The renderings are based on the spy shots of test mules spotted in Sweden, as well as on the i8 Concept car shown at auto shows around the world. The car photoshoped here has a slightly shorter wheelbase and overall length to reduce weight and to emphasise its sporty looks.

The i8 Concept combines the advantages of two different drive systems – an electric motor and an internal combustion engine. The electric motor is not a secondary power source, but rather an equal partner of the internal 1.5 liter three cylinder combustion engine.

The engine is mounted at the rear and drives via a dual-clutch gearbox.

The car’s minimized weight, low center of gravity and finely judged balance, coupled with a combined system output of up to 354 horsepower.

A 0-100 km/h (62 mph) acceleration time comes under five seconds, with a combined fuel consumption in the European test cycle of less than 3 liters/100 km (78 MPG) and average real fuel consumption of between five and seven liters (33 – 47 MPG).

The BMW i8 is expected to debut in early 2014 and the price speculations fall around the $160,000 mark.

ImageImage

Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage

Author: Horatiu Boeriu
Source: http://www.bmwblog.com/2012/04/16/rende ... n-version/