Problems pairing motorola RAZR 3V to 2005 X3

The BMW X1 is a compact crossover manufactured and marketed worldwide by BMW since 2009 in rear-wheel-drive (sDrive) and all-wheel-drive (xDrive) configurations.
SRAMOS
n00b-1st Gear
n00b-1st Gear

pairing bluetooth problems

Post by SRAMOS »

Hi to everyone,

I'm new to this site. I have problems pairing motorola RAZR 3V to my wife's 2005 X-3(No navigation system). The phone after "looking for devices" its says 0. I check step by step all instructions and the compatibility of the phone and everything seems to be ok. Any good advices??
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

What service provider do you have? I know that the verizon wireless Motorola RAZR 3V has some of the features disabled, meaning that not everything the phone is capable of doing is availible to verizon users.

I myself have the RAZR 3V from verizon and there are many things that I cannot do with it that other people with a different service provider can do.
SRAMOS
n00b-1st Gear
n00b-1st Gear

Post by SRAMOS »

Thank you for your reply. Currently I have Cingular. I tried up to the following point with no luck: (I have 2 RAzr 3V and I have tried with both of them).

Ignition key must be in position 0.
1. A: If not equipped with eject box:
Turn key from ignition 0 to ignition 1 or
higher.
1. B: If equipped with optional eject ( I used this one)
box:
Press & hold the button above the storage
compartment, then after about 3 seconds,
turn the ignition key to position 1 and
release the button after approximately 3
seconds.
“BLUETOOTH PAIRING” appears on the
display or monitor.

Up to this point none of this happend. The phones just said no devices found.
Any more good advices on this..This is driving me crazy!! Thanks in advance..
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Oh I see. Sorry, I don't have the proper equipment in my car to test this, and help you out further. But I'll try...

Do you know what firmware your razr has? Some of the versions have software problems that cause them to either not connect at all or when they do connect they dropthe connection.

You can find your firmware version by going to the Menu in your phone and seleting "Settlings", then "Phone Status", then "Other Information" then "S/W Version".

I've seen reports where firmware version: firmware R374_G_0E.42.15R works with no problems. There may be newer versions now, but you can update your fireware version. This site can help you...
http://www.planetmotox.net/

Here is the BMW list of compatible phones. They might have some other useful information...
http://www.bmwusa.com/owners/bluetooth/phones
SRAMOS
n00b-1st Gear
n00b-1st Gear

Post by SRAMOS »

Thanks,

I will try to update the version, because I have R374_G_OE.41.C3R_B. Hopefully this will work, otherwise I think I will have to take the X3 to the dealership for a diagnostic on this feature. Once again, thank you, I will keep you inform of any success.
darth.mouth
n00b-1st Gear
n00b-1st Gear

Re: Problems pairing motorola RAZR 3V to 2005 X3

Post by darth.mouth »

I remember there were a few posts about people being confused how to sync and work their their phone with iDrive. Here are some hints:
To pair the phone the very first time with the car:
While in the car with the ignition (iDrive) turned on, using the Motorola, goto Menu > Settings > Connections > Bluetooth Link > Setup > Power > On - This enables the bluetooth link. Now in the previous sub menu or Menu > Settings > Connections > Bluetooth Link > Setup > Power > Find Me. This will enable bluetooth to search for other devices / allow itself to be found.
Within 60 seconds while the Motorola allows itself to be discovered, using iDrive, Menu > Information > Communication Settings > Bluetooth > Phone. The screen will read "Bluetooth connectable in this menu". testking XK0-002 At this point the two should discover each other and a prompt will come up to Add Device or Refuse the connection, hit Add Device.
Then another prompt will come up asking for a passkey. The passkey you enter on both devices has to be the same thing, 4 digits. I used 0000 on both of mine without problems.
Using Bluetooth: If you are in the car when a call comes in, the name/number will appear on the screen along with an Accept/Reject promt. Press Accept. The music will be paused/turned off. Using the volume buttoms/knob to control the loudness of the person you are talking to. If you need to talk privately, testking 642-973 pick up your Motorola, go to Menu > Switch Audio. This will switch from car to phone. I am not sure, but I believe this to be on a per call basis. Meaning if you want to talk privately again on the next phone you will have to perform the same steps. If entering the car while on a phone call, ask the person to wait for about 5 to 10 seconds, this is the time required for Windows to boot, find the device, and switch it over from the phone to the car. testking 70-564 The car automatically "grabs" the call from the phone. If exiting the car while continuing to talk, turn off the ignition, iDrive will continue to be on until you disconnect bluetooth. To do this, go to Menu > Disconnect Bluetooth. iDrive will turn off and the phone call will remain on your Motorola.