help!! 525tds wont run

(1972 - 2010)
dagdi
n00b-1st Gear
n00b-1st Gear

help!! 525tds wont run

Post by dagdi »

Engine start but cut after 2 sec.. mesured solinoid valve on fuel pump, voltage go off after 2 sec. When set voltage on solinoid valve engine runs off (full fuel flow).
Checked the potmeter throttle pedal - is ok.
Suspect the DDE2 computer or the fuel injector pump. Sombody have a clue???
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Sounds like it the problem could be coming from several places. Just to quickly try to narrow this down, did any of the following happen:

-Did you notice the starting trouble after washing the car? (could be the computer, I've seen this happen when the computer gets wet and goes crazy).
-Did you ever have idling trouble? Like the rpm's bouncing around between 250-1,500rpm's? If so it could be that the ICV needs to be cleaned.

If neither of those, then what kind of symptoms did you notice or what were you doing with the car right before that happened?
dagdi
n00b-1st Gear
n00b-1st Gear

Post by dagdi »

Tanx 4 answer. The car wasnt washed and all is dry in the computerroom.
I wasnt driving the car when it stopped but the engine was running badly. Not possible to get any rpm. It also have got autgear fault light, but l am not sure this happen same time.
I noticed some strange tikking sounds from the injection pump after this incident when the ignition was in run position and this time l had a fail light on engine too.
After this l had the car for engine diagnostic and they only find 4 unknown errors (no help). Paid 80 £ for that. They 0- the memory after and after this is no clikking sounds in pump and the fail light on engine is not coming back, tha fail light on aut.gbox comes and goes.
Regard Dag
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

What do you mean autgear fault light?

The tickking sound that you are hearing sounds like sticky valves to me. Check the oil level?
dagdi
n00b-1st Gear
n00b-1st Gear

Post by dagdi »

Sorry about my english. Automatic gear fail light (look like a gear with a
! inside.
The ticcing sound was coming when ignition on engine not running.
l think maybe is the pump failure, its is a speed transmitter inside that send signal to the DDE2 computer, is this not work the DDE2 computer shut down the engine. l have no clue how to check or change this.
A new pump cost 150£ + work!!
What is the ICV ?
Regards
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Your English is fine. I was just confused. Are you talking about a fuel pump? I'm sure you can install that yourself and save some money on labor charges.

The ICV is the Idle Control Valve, but that can't be the problem since you said the car is not running when your hearing the ticking noise.

Maybe this diagram helps in pin-pointing the problem:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do ... g=13&fg=15