where is the outside air temp sensor?

A Lounge for off topic discussions

Moderators: synergy, kyleabaker

kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

So i bought a new domain name and the site will change over soon. kyleabaker.com will still work for a while tho, so there's no really big hurry to change bookmarks yet. I'm hoping with the domain change the site will grow in users.

So whats going on in you guys' worlds?
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Hey Bud,

Things are a bit crazy this side... Havent even had the time to try any of those lens polishing tips u sent me.

Planning a chilled weekend with the bmw this weekend, if my lady doesnt find something for us to do... we went down to an area called Sundays River for the weekend, skiing and wakeboarding... a blast i must admit... far too much drinking is my only complaint :oops:

Other than that all is well... Ur side ?

Rushing again, off to a meeting.

Cheers Guys

TO THE PUB! :cool:
e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Dude!!! Far too much drinking! No such thing, haha. J/k. Good to hear you both are still keeping busy with some interesting activities.

Everything is slowing back down over this way so I have some time to think, haha. I've been sooo busy lately. I've been looking around for some dove grey vador seats ever since you mentioned replacing your drivers seat. They are soooooo expensive tho. Like $800-900 for used seats in decent condition! I'm not sure what I'll do next to my car tho, cause I haven't the time to do anything about a body kit.

Well, gotta do a little work,
Cheers.
96is
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by 96is »

Hey,
Once again, you guys are all having fun while I'm swamping myself with stuff. I'll admit though for the most part I'm doing it to myself. We (myself and a few friends from our local computer geek group, don't worry we don't wear pocket protectors :) anyway back to the subject, We helped out with a Habitat for Humanity build the other weekend. It was a neat experience but then onto the busy week with homework in every class and grading another classes work. Uggh, but this weekend will be a bit different, I'm about to head out camping with some friends and then tomorrow my girl and I are going to the local Renaissance Fair. It should be fun. Other than that I'm getting ready to head to Brazil over fall break. Our college does a bit of a humanitarian effort down there. One of my computer science teachers and I will be teaching basic computer skills to the locals. It should be fun and in the mean time I plan to leave the car at the mechanic to get some of the good stuff done, that's been needed since I bought her. Shocks replaced and exhaust work, CEL and the like.

I'm going to try and go with a sport kit on both. Any recommendations? I know about the Triflow, but I don't feel like paying 700 for an exhaust again. I'm also thinking about a Bilsteien BTS (I think) kit for the suspension. Check it out on www.carmadillo.com They're a pretty good site.

EDIT: I'm back from the campout but remembered that I had another question, have either of you seen a flat bottom steeringwheel that you like, that doesn't look like it's out of a go-cart? I'd like to get one to see if it helps getting in and out of the car much, but I'd like it to look kinda stock. Anyways, hope you're having great weekends!

I gotta jet, i'm going to be late!

Cheers!
96 - 318is
97 VW Jetta GLS (totalled and why I hate curbs)
91 - 318is (gone but not forgotten)
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

I have perfected the art of getting out of a bimmer... it is very gracefull and elegant... side note for the sake of consistency... this elegant manouver was discovered after a rather heavy night on the town... u simply lean towards the door and pour yourself out :D Easy ! the only snag is then getting from the floor back to the standing position... sometimes i wonder if this lowered racing suspension lark is worth it !?!?!

As my old man would say, U gotta first sit down before u can get into this F*&?%ing car! :D

I would reccomend Bilstein over and over dude. They make an awesome shock. I had them on my 333 shadowline... what a difference !!! That car stuck to the road like shit to a wool blanket.

My 325is had a Jamex racing setup... also a very nice bit of equipment! Not sure what the shocks were though, just know that they were a gas rider of some description.

The e36 has BMW sport susp. on it :D :cool: :D enough said...

And Im not even gonna mention what the M3 feels like on the road... i swear if i ever get pulled over i am going to be in more than speeding trouble... that car gives u a woodie of note just by driving it :!:

Anyway... enough babbling... i think ( and i am sure Kyle will agree with me ) It is less to do with what we think looks good and everythin to do with what u like and find works for u... If u want a flat bottom steering wheel then put one on, pick one that makes u grin and fir the blooming thing... u can always pop the badge off and stick a BMW badge in its place and have ur own custom BMW flat bottom steering wheel, specially made for u!

a joke before i defart...

A wife was making a breakfast of fried eggs for her husband when he suddenly burst into the kitchen.

"careful" he said. "CAREFUL !. We need some more butter. Oh my God, you;re cooking too many at once. TOO MANY. Turn them ! TURN THEM NOW ! We need more butter ! Oh my God where are we going to get more butter ?. They're going to stick ! You NEVER listen to me when you're cooking. Quickly turn them. HURRY UP ! Are you crazy, have you lost your mind ? Don't forget to salt them.. SALT THEM I said ".

The wife stared at him. "What is wrong with you ? Don't you think I know how to cook a couple of eggs ?"

The husband looked at her and calmly said "I just wanted you to know what it's like when I'm driving".

maybe one more ...

A Polish immigrant went to have his eyes tested. The optician showed him the card with the letters

C Z W I X N O S T A C Z

"Can you read this ?" the optician asked.

"Read it" replied the Polish man "I know the man !"
e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

@John
I've been swamped like crazy lately as well. I some how found time to switch over tot he new domain, haha. We had some Habitat stuff going on in our brick yard last week. They raised a good chunk of change for it too! A Renaissance Fair sounds nice,... lots of good food and entertainment. I wish I could take a break and go to a fair, haha. Actually, I think our State fair is coming in a few weeks. Might have to hit that up.

I wish I could drop my car off at the shop, the only thing stopping me is cash, haha. Dude I love Bilsteien's equipment. I've only heard good things about it. The BTS is a nice set also. I would love to get a set of the PSS9's, coilover and coil setup. :lol: They prolly cost too much for my budget right now tho. I think you'll really like the Bilsteien BTS's. ;) I checked out http://www.carmadillo.com/ . Looks like a good site, but I'm not sure how they compare. Didn't have time to check. I'll compare them later tho. Are you familiar with http://www.BavAuto.com/ and http://www.BMPDesign.com/ ? Those are the two that I use most often, excluding ebay, haha.

About the steering wheel....I've seen a few that I think are nice. I know momo makes one that has a mahogany finish to parts of it that would blend in swell with the interier of my car. I too go for a stock appearrance for stuff like that. I think that usually looks the best in the end. Honestly, I don't think any of them will be takky as long as the colors match. I mean the look alone sets it into that racing appearrance category. So if you're wantting a near stock appearrance just get one that is fairly plain. I'm not real sure where you'd find a wide selection on those tho. Best of luck tho!

@Steve
I have yet to get out a bimmer using your method. However,....I do plan on trying it sometime. :D Maybe just crawl in and then fall out, haha. I hope I won't be driving when I'm that well off, haha. Haha, nice comparison.....stuck to the road like shit to a wool blanket....you sold me on them, haha. I seriously wish I could thro some on my ride soon. Maybe that will be my next mod... :?: Lol, thanks for the notice. I'll keep that in mind when getting pulled over in my future M....especially when the officer is female. I could definitly get a lot more than a speeding ticket for that...when actualyl if it were a male officer I'd prolly get beat then the tickets, lol. I agree with you there steve that it's really just about what you like in your own car. Too many people rag on there peoples cars. Just customize it to fit you and it'll be the best setup you can find. ;)

LMAO...nice set of jokes. the first one goes in my list of fav. jokes for sure, haha. Imagine having your name spelled like that, lol. Mine's pretyt short and simple, haha.

Well guys, peace out and enjoy the day, mighty nice and beautiful here.
Cheers!
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Hey John, Kyle...

How u doing guys ? Bloody pissing down here again for the last few days... not tickled by it at all. Makes running between office - site - meetings very uncool :evil:

Hey John... u not over working urself i hope !!! all work and no play buddy !!!! :shock:

Kyle... leg... driving....shagging... all GO i hope and healing well ?!?!

Must admit there is one good aspect to the rain... all corners and i mean ALL become a scene from Fast and Furios - Tokyo Drift :D :D :D

So whats news on that side... John, u must be looking forward to getting ur car back with the work done to it ?!?

Kyle, me thinks u and i are getting bewhind on the mods scene... better i get my finger out my jack and build us some seriously wicked body kit mods :cool:
what u think ?

A funny for u guys... Chat later, off to do some work.

Cheers

A new priest was so nervous at his first mass he could hardly speak.

After mass he asked the monsignor how he had done.

The monsignor replied, “When I am worried about getting nervous on the pulpit, I put a glass of vodka next to the water glass. If I start to get nervous, I take a sip.”

So next Sunday he took the monsignor’s advice. At the beginning of the sermon, he got nervous and took a drink.

He proceeded to talk up a storm.

Upon his return to his office after the mass, he found the following note on the door:

1) Sip the vodka, don’t gulp.

2) There are 10 commandments, not 12.

3) There are 12 disciples, not 10.

4) Jesus was consecrated, not constipated.

5) Jacob wagered his donkey, he did not bet his ass.

6) We do not refer to Jesus Christ as the late J.C.

7) The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are not referred to as Daddy, Junior and the spook.

8) David slew Goliath, he did not kick the sh1t out of him.

9) When David was hit by a rock and was knocked off his donkey, don’t say he was stoned off his ass.

10) We do not refer to the cross as the “Big T.”

11) When Jesus broke the bread at the last supper he said, “take this and eat it, for it is my body.” He did not say “Eat me”.

12) The Virgin Mary is not called “Mary with the Cherry”.

13) The recommended grace before a meal is not: Rub-A-Dub-Dub thanks for the grub, Yeah God.

14) Next Sunday there will be a taffy pulling contest at St Peter’s, not a peter pulling contest at St Taffy’s.
e36 316
e36 318is project car
96is
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by 96is »

Hey Steve,
That's a pretty good joke. It really helps to have a laugh now an then. I am looking forward to getting the car back but she doesn't go to the shop until Thursday. It'll be a sad sad separtion :)

Guys thanks for the advice on moding, I do agree that it's best to go with what you feel looks best when it's on you car, after all you have to pay for it and deal with it for the remainder of the life of the car.

@ Kyle, I was getting worried I didn't update my site links and I hadn't been able to find you for the past few days :) Anyways, I am a regular at the BMPD and BavAuto sites. I've ordered from Bav Auto before, The old 318 got the TriFlow exahaust (That sucker was loud, but not rice) I'm really looking to avoid a) that price and b) that loudness this time. I've pretty much got in narrowed down to the Supersprint and the Stromung. Either way I can only afford one mod at the moment, either the suspension or the exhaust. I'm going to side with the suspension and see what that gets me.

Hope classes and work aren't too much for either of you. Midterms are this week and getting ready for a trip south of the equater :) Should be fun.

Steve how many cars do you have? 3? and Kyle do you have a tan interior? Your exterior looks to be the same color as mine. Anyways this turned out to be a long post. I think 'night
96 - 318is
97 VW Jetta GLS (totalled and why I hate curbs)
91 - 318is (gone but not forgotten)
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Careful on those drifts there Steve. I'd hate to hear about a fender bender ;). The leg is doing better. I'm walking almost normal now, although I'm not able to jog or run yet. I'm still very busy stretching my ankle to get full motion in it. Driving is going well no, but like you said, we are indeed behind on our modification list, haha.

Hope the separation goes well John, and you reuniting will be even better, haha. Haha, sorry about the inconvienience, hopefully there won't be many more, lol. I've got mid-terms next week. We get a break starting wednesday this week for fall break. This should be a relaxing weekend, haha. I say get the suspension. Should definitly be worth it.

My interior is dove gray. I did test drive a boston green with tan interior before I bought mine tho. Long messages are always welcome. Hope you guys are having a blast, haha. I know I am. Even more when I drive steve's future m3, haha.

later guys.
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Hey Guys,

Lovely to see we are all doing well... John... Suspension buddy, suspension...It is like the old property saying, yah know, Location location location... well i feel the same about suspension... Ur car can look like the dogs bollocks and sound sweet as ever but that aint gonna help u jack if u cant keep the blooming thing on the road!! :shock:
Much rather be the guy snicking through the corners in perfect balance than the prat with the loud exhaust climbing all over the breaks when they hit a corner and then still slipping and sliding there way through the corner.

As for the Cars question john, i have the 2 for now, been looking hi and lo for an M3 Evo 2. Not finding what i want though, have had a nice Blue M3 evo 2 for the last week, testing it out. I will however sell the 316 if i get the M3. just not clever having 3 Bimmers... and i need the garage space :D

What did u guys get up to over the weekend ?
I had a bit of a weekend, wedding on saturday which lasted the whole day and into the night, then Sunday morning my woman pushed me out of bed at some un holy hour to take the bike out on the breakfast run. I was slow in building enthusiasm to go but hell once we were on the road it was well worth it... nothing like 0-100 in 2,5 seconds!!! Came back on the highway so we could open the bikes up... the speed trap cameras here take the photo from the front, and bikes aint got no front plate so we ended up blowing down the highway at a pleasant 240-260 :cool:

Other than that life goes on down here... work is killing me slowly but not so softly :D

Hope u guys have a good week- John, goodluck with the separation anxiety
Kyle - keep up the good work on that leg mate, u either gonna have 321 horses of M3 to play with when u come over or a superbike that will take u to 100 in nothing more than 2 secs !

Cheers mates

Steve

e36 316
e36 318is project car
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Hey Guys, had to share this one with u, remembered it while driving back to the office... giggled all the way.

A guy walks into a bar with his pet monkey.
He orders a drink and while he's drinking,
the monkey jumps all around the place. The
monkey grabs some olives off the bar and
eats them. Then he grabs some sliced limes
and eats them. He then jumps onto the pool
table and grabs one of the billiard balls.
To everyone's amazement, he sticks it in
his mouth, and somehow swallows it whole.

The bartender screams at the guy, "Did you
see what your monkey just did?"
"No, what?"

"He just ate the cue ball off my pool
table... whole!"

"Yeah, that doesn't surprise me," replied
the guy, "he eats everything in sight.
Sorry! I'll pay for the cue ball and stuff."

The guy finishes his drink, pays his bill,
pays for the stuff the monkey ate and
leaves.

Two weeks later the guy is in the bar again,
and has his monkey with him. H e orders a
drink and the monkey starts running around
the bar again. While the man is finishing
his drink, the monkey finds a maraschino
cherry on the bar. He grabs it, sticks it
up his butt, pulls it out, and eats it.
Then the monkey finds a peanut, and again
sticks it up his butt, pulls it out, and
eats it.

The bartender is disgusted. "Did you see
what your monkey did now?"

"No, what?" replied the man.

"Well, he stuck a maraschino cherry and a
peanut up his butt, pulled them out, and
ate them!" said the bartender.
"Yeah, that doesn't surprise me," replied
the guy. "He still eats everything in
sight, but ever since he had to sh!t that
cue ball, he measures everything first
e36 316
e36 318is project car
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Hey you two... what u up to? why so quite....

Getting lonely out here chaps...

Just a quick funny to help his monday morning ease on past,

Dirty Riddles:

Q. What is the difference between a drug dealer and a hooker?
A. A hooker can wash her crack and sell it again.

Q. What's a mixed feeling?
A. When you see your mother-in-law backing off a cliff in your new car.

Q. What's the definition of macho?
A. Jogging home from your vasectomy.

Q. What's the difference between a G-Spot and a golf ball?
A. A guy will actually search for a golf ball

Q. Do you know how New Zealanders practice safe sex?
A. They spray paint X's on the back of the sheep that kick!

Q.Why is divorce so expensive?
A. Because it's worth it!

Q. What is a Yankee?
A. The same as a quickie, but a guy can do it alone.

Q. What do Tupperware and a walrus have in common?
A. They both like a tight seal.

Q. What do a Christmas tree and priest have in common?
A. Their balls are just for decoration.

Q. Why do Gay men wear ribbed condoms?
A. For traction in the mud.

Q. How do you find a blind man in a nudist colony?
A. It's not hard.

Q: Why do men find it difficult to make eye contact?
A: Breasts don't have eyes.

Q: If the dove is the bird of peace, what is the bird of true love?
A. The swallow.

Q: What is the difference between medium and rare?
A: Six inches is medium, eight inches is rare.

Q. Why do women rub their eyes when they get up in the morning?
A .. They don't have balls to scratch!
e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Hey guys,

Nice Q&A Steve, haha.

been busy with exams and such. Wish I could just chill out here all the time, haha. How are you guys doing?

Anyone a fan of Eric Clapton? I saw him live just the other day! What a fantastic show! Best show I've ever seen! I got to park like 20 feet from the arena with my handicap parking permit, haha. Might as well still take full advantage of it! Anyways, when I was leaving, some drunk guy acted like he was gonna climb up on the hood of my car so i just honked the horn for like a minute and he went away. He was about to piss me off, lol. Anyways, it was a good concert, haha.
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Dude... Bit of ol slow hand. That show must have rocked! and the parking priveledges are a serious bonus :cool:

What else is up u guys ? How are the studies going ?
How are the Cars running ?
Hardly used myne this weekend, We jumped on the bike on sunday and went out to a lovely area called Loriie ( about an hour ride ) and had breakfast. Was an awesome ride guys awesome!!! On the way down i had my lady on the back so it was a chilled ride, cruised down at 180. On the way back she jumped on the back of her brother in-laws R6 cause she had bever been on it before. Which left me and the VFR one-up he he he... from stand still down the free way on-ramp... before i even touched the freeway i was doing well over 220 :!: :!:

I did discover a new species of insect... the lesser spotted titanium coated variety... hit me just above the collar and between the helmet on the neck... fuck me gently did it sting...

But that aside life goes on... let us know what u guys up to besides studying so hard.

Cheers dudes

e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Haha, you know the ol slow hand nick as well, sweet dude! Studies suck, haha, but they are going fine I suppose. This week should be more more relaxed than last week, haha, where I had 3 exams last week.

The car is running well also. I have a squeaky belt that I need to take care of. It just squeaks on cold starts. It probably just needs tightening so I'll prolly give it a shot this weekend. Sounds like the bikes are running strong. Just be careful on them dude! And remember me to post a link to a video that shows what _NOT_ to do when you have a babe on the back, lol, not a pretty picture.

Seems like we've all got semi different hobbies haha. I've been trying to learn some of ol slow hands stuff and develop my guitar skills a bit more. :D It's a slow process, haha. Aside from that I've just been waiting for prices to drop so I can get a pretty decent set of bilstein shocks and the bavauto lowering springs. Those should be a nice mod for the bimmer.

Well, I'm off to class, tty guys later.
Cheers.