where is the outside air temp sensor?

A Lounge for off topic discussions

Moderators: synergy, kyleabaker

kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Niice dude. I took a java class last year. It was pretty sweet. It helped me out a lot with javascript and the over-all syntax.

I've never taken any web programming classes tho, everything I know I taught myself. I've been messing around with web stuff for like 6 years now tho, on and off. This was by far my biggest project, :D.

My focus at NCSU is Mechanical Engineering, altho I'm thinking of changing it to double major in Mechanical and Electrical and then minor in Computer Engineering. That would open up a lot of doors for me. :D

Denton you say...thats about 2 hours away from where I live. It's a small world after all, haha. I live in Spruce Pine, it's between Asheville and Boone. Actually no, during school I "live" in Raleigh, haha. Don't make the 4 hours trip back home very often, lol.

I think steve may have died on us man! I'm gonna take a quick trip to S.A. and find him, haha. Maybe have a short vacation as well, lol. I need one, lol. I spent most of m summer either in a hospital bed or my own bed at home, lol, then went straight into school. Now I have a doctors appointment on my fall break,...drag :(..., which means I can't go to the beach with the rest of my friends. Oh well tho, I guess I'd rather keep my leg than go to the beach anyway, haha.
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Hey Guys,

Alive and kicking... was kidnapped by a lovely lady :D Niiiiiiceeee

As for the homework... Hellzzz no, I have done my slog in Varsity thanks. I can feel ur pain about the physics... been there and beond, had to do 6 months of nuclear physics :shock:
It seems we all doing the same sort of stuff, i also ended up coming out twith a degree in computer science. Not using it thats for sure :D

Funny u should mention sick again... this lady that i was rolling with has given me her flu... but she is pretty cool, she is into bikes and has VFR 750 !!! i think i may be in love :D :D
A hottie that is into machines... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Anyway, back to the graft,

Talk to u guys later... get with the saving u two and come over here for a holiday !!!!!!!!

Cheers

Steve

TO THE PUB ! :cool:
e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Dude, I've been swamped with work from my classes, lol. It's pretty late tonight so I can't stay up much longer...french 110 in the morning, lol. But tomorrow I starting tomorrow I should be caught up on things for a while and be pretty active on the boards once more, hehe.

Haha, so you're computer science degree isn't very usefully for you, eh? I hope I can find something to do with mine, lol.

So John, you were right after all, he was hiding cause he was sick again. It's not a cold or anything, it's an excuse to not have to check in on the boards cause he's out with the ladies, haha.

So, does the cute lady seem like a keeper? I mean, it's not too often that you fidn a lady who really likes bike, haha.

Take care guys.....and Steve.....stop getting "sick", lol.

Cheers.
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Well well well....

Was wondering what happened to you Kyle ? How u doing mate ?

She is most definately a keeper... the bike went in for a service on monday, hopefully it will be back for the weekend... then we gonna hit the road for the weekend!

Lets hope ur work load get a bit lower soon... the boards arent the same without u ragging me for womanising :D

Other than that work is hectic and i am surrefing from sleep deprevation... been engaging in nocturnal activities of marathon proportions... this girl dont know when to quit :shock:

Better get back to work now

Talk to you guys soon

cheers

TO THE PUB! :cool:

Two women were out for a Saturday stroll. One had a Doberman and
the other, a Chihuahua. As they walked down the street, the one with
the Doberman said to her friend, "Let's go over to that bar for a drink.
"The lady with the Chihuahua said, "We can't go in there. We've got
dogs with us." The one with the Doberman said, "Just watch, and do as I
do."

They walked over to the bar and the one with the Doberman put on a
pair of dark glasses and started to walk in. The bouncer at the door said,

"Sorry, lady, no pets allowed." The woman with the Doberman said,
"You don't understand. This is my guide dog.
The bouncer said, "A Doberman?" The woman said, "Yes, they're using
them now. They're very good." The bouncer said, "OK, come on in."

The lady with the Chihuahua thought that convincing him that a
Chihuahua was a guide dog may be a bit more difficult, but thought,
"What the heck," so she put on her dark glasses and started to walk in.
Once again the bouncer said, "Sorry, lady, no pets allowed." The woman said, "You don't understand. This is my guide dog." The bouncer
said, "A Chihuahua?" The woman with the Chihuahua said, "A Chihuahua?
They gave me a f*%8ing Chihuahua???!!!"
e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Haha, nice joke... "They gave me a f*%8ing Chihuahua???!!!", lol. Sounds like it would be very convincing, haha.

Dude, I have so much french to catchup on cause my book that I ordered off of amazon.com finally came last night and I have my first exam in french on monday, haha. It's not that bad tho, cause I remember most of what we have gone over so far from previous french classes.

I recommend getting some sleep this weekend, with or without the girl. :D

Ttyl dude.
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Any one else had a lot of work to do this weekend, lol? I have so much crap to do. I need to do something to my car soon as well. It's been a while....I mean, with the in-active summer and all, lol.

I'll leave you with the joke of the day...

24 Fun Things To Do In An Elevator...
1. Grimace painfully while smacking your forehead and muttering: "Shut up, dammit, all of you just shut UP!"
2. Whistle the first seven notes of "It's a Small World" incessantly.
3. Crack open your briefcase or purse, and while peering inside ask: "Got enough air in there?"
4. Offer name tags to everyone getting on the elevator. Wear yours upside-down.
5. Stand silent and motionless in the corner, facing the wall, without getting off.
6. When arriving at your floor, grunt and strain to yank the doors open, then act embarrassed when they open by themselves.
7. Greet everyone getting on the elevator with a warm handshake and ask them to call you Admiral.
8. On the highest floor, hold the door open and demand that it stay open until you hear the penny you dropped down the shaft go "plink" at the bottom.
9. Stare, grinning, at another passenger for a while, and then announce: "I've got new socks on!"
10. When at least 8 people have boarded, moan from the back: "Oh, no, not now, damn motion sickness!"
11. Meow occasionally.
12. Holler "Chutes away!" whenever the elevator descends.
13. Walk on with a cooler that says "human head" on the side.
14. Stare at another passenger for a while, then announce "You're one of THEM!" and move to the far corner of the elevator.
15. Wear a puppet on your hand and talk to other passengers "through" it.
16. When the elevator is silent, look around and ask "is that your beeper?"
17. Say "Ding!" at each floor.
18. Say "I wonder what all these do" and push the red buttons.
19. Listen to the elevator walls with a stethoscope.
20. Draw a little square on the floor with chalk and announce to the other passengers that this is your "personal space."
21. Announce in a demonic voice: "I must find a more suitable host body."
22. Make explosion noises when anyone presses a button.
23. Wear "X-Ray Specs" and leer suggestively at other passengers.
24. Stop at every floor, run off the elevator, then run back on.

cheers
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Now that is how u start a monday morning... A BLOODY GOOD CHUCKLE :D

Cheers for that Kyle, Bloody Brilliant... cant wait to get out the office and head for an elevator !!! :shock:

Work is crazy donw here in paradise, miss having the time to post and reply at regular intervals.

Have a goods one guys, all the best.... How is the leg Kyle ???

Cheers guys

Steve

e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Dude, work is crazy everywhere, haha. The leg is doing quiet well considering it's been about 3.5 months since the actual accident and I'm walking and everything. I have to walk all over campus and it's a pretty big campus, lol. I'd say I'm about 75% back. I still can't run or jog or anything atheletic yet tho. I have to be easy on my leg for a while, prolly like another year, lol. Good think I don't need the exercise, haha. I still have a lot more physical therapy to go thru tho. I'm starting to think I'll never get 100% back to my old self, lol. It's like every step I take is half way to the finish line, haha. So the first step took me from 0% to 50%, the next from 50% to 75%, then to like 87.5%, then 93.75%, then 96.whatever% and so on, but never making it to 100% haha.

Dude I think we lost John! I haven't seen him on in a while. Hopefully it's just classes and maybe they'll slack off so he can waste soem time online with us, haha.

Steve, you'll have to show me the pub's when I come to visit, haha. Well, gotta wash some clothes and get some sleep, lol. Ttyl.

Cheers
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Seems we have lost John boy...

Come on sunshine... dont take life to seriously, u will never get out alive!

Kyle... get ur ass over here and lets make with the pub crawling...and i do mean crawling !! :D
Hell, u can even drive the M if u want... that should put a smile on ur dial : :-D

If anything that will get the blood pumping to that leg or yours!

My girfriend... the one withthe bike... has got me all hot and bothered about getting a bike again... busy trawling the adverts... wanna get one just like hers and do it up just a little so she cant catch me :cool: that should get a good reaction.

Anyway, back to work.

Chat soon guys

Cheers

e36 316
e36 318is project car
96is
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by 96is »

the lost son is here,
yeah, i've been a bad bad boy. These classes/work/clubs (student clubs, not night clubs) :) have been given me a real working over this past month. Every day I get home and think man I miss this and the next minute, i'm thinking I'm about to miss a deadline.

Anyways . . . Steve good to hear about the lady and the the bike. Kyle, good luck with the french, I took about a year in high school and couldn't tell you a word of it now. Here, CompScience student don't have to learn a foreign language. Aparently, java, c++ and xhtml, etc. count as foreign languages :cool: Not complaining though.

Steve you have an M? I saw a decent one here the other day, lowered and looked all the more sporting. I can't wait till I can actually afford to treat mine the way she deserves.

Oh and the jokes were pretty good. The elevator one was great. I'll try to be less truant in the future.
96 - 318is
97 VW Jetta GLS (totalled and why I hate curbs)
91 - 318is (gone but not forgotten)
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Dude, I saw the sweetest e36 M3 today. Black on black with a sweet exhaust and slightly tinted windows. B-E-A-U-Ti-ful! :D Had some nice euro yellow fogs. I'm thinking about hot-wiring it and taking it home, haha. j/k, but it was soooo nice.

Anyone else have any exciting car news?

Steve, you should definitly get a bike and out do the girls, haha. But don't leave the bimmer sitting still too much, ;).

John, you need a long slow weekend, haha, and maybe Steve will send you a SA chic or something, lol. He seems to know how to get along with them no problem. :P Dude, I took java last year and it felt like a foreign language to me at first, haha, but not too bad now.

I hear ya on treatin the bimmer the way the deserve. They're some high-maintainance babes, that's for sure. I have some many things I'd do with my ride if I had the budget for it.

Take care guys....I'm off to write a &$(@ english paper, lol.
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Thought I might share some funny pictures with you guys...

and

enjoy
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

What cha guys been into lately? Any thing new in the bimmer world?

Steve, hows the status with the girl? Got a new bike yet?
What kind of clubs are you in John?

cheers guys!
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Hey guys,

Things are going well this side, work is good, my factory is full.
The girl is going very well, i can honestly say i am very glad i met her... could just be the one to tame me :shock:
Have been looking for a bike not very actively as i am buisy but i have been sniffing around, seen some nice machines, but i am looking for another VFR 750 so we both have the same bikes. Makes things easier, common spares and stuff like that. I went and saw one on monday night... very sweet VFR 750 that has been worked on a bit... this thing is fast. The girl says that is cheating, i cant have a faster bike than her :-D

Other than that all is good... i need to purchase some clips for my bimmer... the clips that hold the rub strips on the doors are not 100%. One or two are sagging and not clipping in solidly.
I got my hands on a new driver seat, this thing is brand new, not almost new... Brand new... it looks so beautiful... put it in over the weekend... man it feels goooooood. Now i want to get another for the passenger side so they both look new and tight. The passenegr one is soft and the driver side is new tight leather.

Also bought some new headlampo bulbs, just need to bang them in, zenon effect 150W blue/white. Expensive but MAJOR difference apparently.

Kyle / John... any advice for cleaning up the glass lenses of the headlights ? Myne are a bit dull. I know the plastic ones can be buffed up with rubbing compound.

Gotta dash Mates... meetings call

Chat to u guys later... hope u two are saving up for ur holiday out here.
By the time u get here u both will have transport, will be getting rid of the 316 when the M3 gets here. will keep the 318is. i know just what kyle will be making a dash for.. and its not the 318 :wink:

Cheers guys

e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

You mean you're actually going to let her tame you!? Does she know that the real winner is the best driver? Haha. She doesn't need to worry about power, lol. J/k. ;)

Ah, i tried looking up the clip part number real fast, but didn't see it anywhere. I guess you could get those easy at a dealership tho.

The new seat sounds sweet dude. I've been looking around some for some dove grey vador seats. Those are sooooooooooo nice. :D

About the lights, the bulbs are an excellent add on. Clean the lens' however is a bit tricky and harder than one might think, lol. I have plastic lens' on mine (that's a N/A spec car for you tho :P). You can probably get much better results since yours are glass.

Basically all you have to do is use:
1. A polisher/buffer
2. Glass polish

You're gonna want to clean the lens first as best you can like you'd normally clean them. Then with one buffer pad (make sure it's either made for buffing glass or that it's very soft), apply some glass polish solution and buff/polish the glass until it is smooth. After you've polished it all, you can use a cloth to wipe the glass then use a clean fresh buffing pad on the glass to finish it up. That should get things fresh and shiney again. ;)

Also, since you're just going to buff the lens' on the headlights, you could use a dremel or soemthing small like that if you can find some soft pads to use with it. That might be easier.

Here are some quick links to buffing glass pages, lol:
http://www.properautocare.com/polishglass.html
http://www.caswellplating.com/buffs/buffman.htm

...You know you're gonna have to take me for a ride in the M3 as soon as I get down there, haha. Better have it sported out. :D

Got to go, talk to you guys later!