where is the outside air temp sensor?

A Lounge for off topic discussions

Moderators: synergy, kyleabaker

kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Haha, good luck with the girl man, but don't let them settle you down too fast. You've gotta stay young and wild. ;)

Have fun with the cricket later on man. I have to move a bit more of my stuff in today, but I predict a similar scenario to yours later on tonight. Haha, talk to you guys later.

cheers.
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Dude... How goes it ?

Feeling like crap... bloody hell... was out rasing hell and decided it would be a good idea to cruise a cool winters night in a vest.. Do i have a chest cold to prove that is a shit idea !!!!

other than that, things are going well with the "girl" been fighting it for a few days now but she is kinda cool. She likes cars and her mom works for G.M. Now if only she worked for BMW i would have proposed days ago :D

How is the leg healing? What happened to 96is ? did we scare him off ?

How is the search for the M3 koit going ? I am clicking those adds dude... gonna get ur ass in an M3 if it kills me.

Gotta run dude,

Chat soon

Asta la Pasta,

TO THE PUB! :cool:
e36 316
e36 318is project car
96is
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by 96is »

You didn't scare me off, :cool: School started this week and last week was pretty hectic. Hope that cold gets better for ya :) Kyle, how'd moving to school go?

Later,
John
96 - 318is
97 VW Jetta GLS (totalled and why I hate curbs)
91 - 318is (gone but not forgotten)
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Hey guys,

Steve dude, you've gotta get over this chest cold thing. Who knows when I'm gonna catch a random flight to south africa to hangout sometime. ;) I called a guy about an offer I saw online yesterday, but it had already sold. It was the full oem kit for $400. Needed slight bondo repairs, but would have been perfect!

Good luck with the girl dude. Hope she doesn't scare you off when she wants to settle down in a few weeks, lol. If her mom were a BMW dealer that would most definitly be sweet. Image the deals you'd get hooked up with!?! You could buy all of the little insignificant parts (like some sweet medal pedals or something) for practically nothing and pimp out your ride. :D

The leg is getting better. I have to do a lot of walking around campus so it's gonna have to get better, lol. The only problem I have is the the bottom of my foot hurts like h3ll if I walk too much, lol. But most of my feeling is back in it, so that's always good.

So John is it?...Move in went pretty good. I didn't lug that much stuff down this time. Lol, last year I had a lot of crap I never used, so it was like a live and learn experience. My classes start on wednesdaythis week, the 23rd. What year are you in school and where at? I go to NC State in North Carolina.

Well thanx for clicking those ads, haha. ;)
Cheers guys.
96is
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by 96is »

Steve, best of luck with the chest cold. I know they suck in the winter or for that matter anytime. :(

Here's to living and learning. That's funny that you're going to NCSU, my parents are both alumni (from the late 70's though) :)

I'm going to a small place called Park University in Parkville, MO. If you've never heard of Parkville, It's suburb of Kansas City basically. I take it that your studying computer sciences? or is this a hobby on the side?

Back to the books
96 - 318is
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Alumni you say? It's a small world after all! My mother is an alumni as well, lol.

I'm actually studying "engineering" very loosely, haha. I "think" I'm gonna major in mechanical or possible double major with civil engineering. I can do about anything with computers, but I don't really want to make a living out of it. I figure that will destroy the fun that I find in them. This site is really just a hobby for me. A hobby to benefits others, haha. Makes me feel good inside, lol. :D

I thought about computer science and it is still an option in my mind, but I'll be deciding for sure by the end of this semester which way I want to go.

Where do you go again? Have your classes already started? I have my first classes of the year starting tomorrow morning (Wednesday) at like 9:10 and then until like 4:30 with some breaks in between. Not really dreading it tho.

Hope your chest cold hasn't killed you there Steve. ;) Hope you get well soon buddy.

cheers.
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

You think a numbnut like me learns that quickly... obviously not! Raising hell again last night, Sound like a V8 with a couple cylinders out... VERY ROUGH guys :shock:

Other than that all is well... still searching for my evoII, there appears to be a distinct lack of them in my neck of the woods. Oh.. remember the Scooby i tore the hell out of, guy has come back over and over again each time the price drops by like $500... poor bastard... had to tell him that i would rather see my sister in a whore house before i was seen in a scooby... I think he now gets the message :D

Got a funny one for ya Kyle.. i know u like a good laugh, hope 96 likes a good yuck... u will get to know me 96, i tend to enjoy posting a bit of a funny after my replies...

Two antennas met on a roof, fell in love and got married. The ceremony wasn't much, but the reception was excellent. :D :D

I love that joke...

Gotta dash guys, talk to u soon. Hope that leg is doing ok Kyle and good luck for the new semester to you both !!!!

Cheers Guys

Oh just one more i think...

A jumper cable walks into a bar. The bartender says, "I'll serve you, but don't start anything
e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

lol, like the jokes steve. glad to see that you're getting back to your old self once again. Altho, I liked the bear and the rabbit joke from a little while back, lol, that one really caught me off guard and made me laugh hard, lol.

So that scooby guy won't be coming back anymore? well thats just too bad, I'm sure this evoII you're searching for would like to eat a scooby, haha.

I will be back with more later, lol, gotta get some physical therapy stuff straightened out at the campus health center. Just my luck, lol. :D
96is
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by 96is »

The jokes were pretty good, i think I've heard the one about the bear and the rabbit before, maybe. ... Which part of South Africa are you in Steve?

This first week has been pretty rough, If I cut down on the work it wouldn't be so bad, but you gotta pay the bills for the apartment and the habit (see sig :D

Kyle, I'm at Park University, in Kansas City, MO. On the west side of the state. It's a small place. http://www.park.edu How'd the physical therapy go.
96 - 318is
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Lmao, I hear ya about these first weeks, lol. It's started out in utter chaos here. Prof's are just handing out homework and quizzes like crazy. I like you're habit there. I should expand on mine a bit in the future I guess, lol. My habit would be...

1976 - 2OO2 Light Blue, Mahogany Momo steering wheel and shifter, and some restorations.
1982 - 320i Black with tan interior. All stock. (cept for the kenwood dics changer, :P)
1986 - 325(e) Tan with tan interior. I loved that car. All stock.
1995 - 325is Boston Green with dove gray interior. TMS Chip, B&M Short Throw, UUC exhaust, and Cosmos CAI with a K&N filter. I Also have a very very rare euro-short throw shift knob made for some special M3's I think. Possibly EVO, no clue. I just know it is rare and I paid for it, but I love it, hehe.

Dude they keep stiffing me on setting up physical therapy! I've been trying to contact them cause I have to setup an appointment to meet with them and let them decide what they can help me with and they just stay out of touch! It's crazy stuff. I think I could probably do it all on my own anyway, but having a therapist always keeps me pushing the limits. Having to go thru this stuff is mainly difficult, not because of the pain (which isn't much anymore), but because of determination. Oh well, I'll be back to normal one day soon, lol. I guess I couldn't really expect a full recovery in only 3 months now, lol. You guys should see how f'd up my leg was tho. I'll post some pics some time if you guys are curious, lol.

Peace out and steve don't be a stranger, hehe, cause I know you're not a stranger with those women over there in south africa. ;)

I'm gonna move this thread to the Member's Lounge since it is pretty much just chat, so don't be alarmed! Same convo there, lol.

Cheers guys.
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the silence, This time it was nothing to do with the lovely SA ladies... bloody work giving me sleepless nights.

How goes it chaps ? Hope u guys managing with the new semester and the shite that goes with it... I Soooo dont miss university... just the parties though, not the studying lark !! :D

KYLE... you know better than that to use the phrase " they keep stiffing me on physical therapy " when i am around... LOL, U just Bust urself as to what goes on there with those crazy nurses :D :D

Anyway chaps, gotta get back to work!!

Chat to u guys soon

Cheers

How to install a wireless security system:

Go to a second-hand store, buy a pair of men's used work
boots ... a really big pair. Put them outside your front
door on top of a copy of Guns and Ammo magazine. Put a dog
dish beside it ... a really big dish. Leave a note on your
front door that says something like this:

"Bubba, Big Mike and I have gone to get more ammunition -
back in 30 minutes. Don't disturb the pit bulls, they've
just been wormed."
e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Haha steve. You crack me up, lol. I realized after I posted that message how it sounded, but was too lazy to change it, haha. I hope they have some cuter therapists here at the schools therapy center, lol.

You work too much man, haha. You need a night out on the town with the ladies this weekend, hehe. ;)

Liked the joke, lol. You could go ahead and set a couple discharged grenade's next to the boots, along with a pair of blood stained gloves (kill a squrriel and stain em, lol), lmao. That'd freak me out of I came across that security system.

Well, I'm off this fun site and into a text book. It's calculus/maple/reading/essay/study time. Man...school really sucks sometimes.

Cheers
96is
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by 96is »

Hey, guess i've been silent too, I was kinda worried when i went to the thread and it was tagged as moved, but you've got a point.

The first week was rough, the second hasn't been so bad but I think next week since it's shorter is going to be a little fun. I plan on studying some through Labor day, even though I should be relaxing.

Kyle, I do like you habits, I'd throw an e30 M3 in there too. I really like their looks. Except for the lack of sunroof, I kinda wish I'd kept the old 318, it was a fun car.

Off to more books and late night programming. Steve, you want to do some of our work for us? Shouldn't be to difficult between work and the ladies :D

Let me know and there be special delivery to Suid Afrika
96 - 318is
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Dude my first week was crazy. Thank goodness for holidays, lol. I think we may miss a few days due to the hurricane weather we are recieving here at ncsu. It's pouring the rain. Sucks walking from class to class. I have a crap load of physics homework to do over the holiday break. :( As well as some calculus II homework. This weekend is gonna suck, lol.

Dude, I wish so bad that I could throw an e30 m3 in there. I love that model. They are fairly weak on power tho compared to todays hot m3's, but still very nice. My 95 325 now has way more power than an e30 m3, but a sweet little turbo would make that lightweight e30 scream, lol.

What kind of programming do you do John?

cheers guys!
96is
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by 96is »

This semester is web programming, so I can make cool sites like this :lol:
I've taken two semesters of java, not much real world application though. The end goal is being a Network administrator but first I need to understand what I would be administrating.

I can't remember what you said you focus was. Hope that the rain's not too bad. Are you from the coast or the mountains of NC? My mom grew up in Denton, but we went to the Outer Banks one year. It was pretty nice.

I agree about the e30 M3. I just like that body style too. I't's clean and simple for the most part and mine was fairly reliable.

Steve!! Did you go try to find another cold? :P
96 - 318is