where is the outside air temp sensor?

A Lounge for off topic discussions

Moderators: synergy, kyleabaker

kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Sorry about your friends loss. That is a big loss. Very sad. I understand. Best of luck to you and your friend.

Cheers.
Talk to you soon.

I'll keep you and your friend in my thoughts.
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Hey Bud,

Just popped into the office to sort out a few quotes that have to go out.
Thanks for ur kind words, much appreciated.

Should be back in the office on monday, will chat then.

Cheers mate,

Steve
e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

sounds good.
hear from ya a bit later then

ttyl
cheers
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Hey Buddy,

Back to the grind stone, How things your side ?

Back to normal this side...just gotta get the bloody back log out of my hair.

BODY KIT ??? Any luck yet ? M POWER Baby!

Talk to me man....

Cheers

TO THE PUB! :cool:
e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

hey steve!

everything is great my way. I've been packing things up and getting ready to move back down to school here lately. I leave on wednesday to go back, but I'll still have internet access ;)

I still haven't ordered the bodykit peices. I think i'm gonna wait til it begins to cool off here in the states so that the prices online will go down. They always do, lol. In a couple months I'll purchase them and save several hundred dollars I'm sure. I know I'm gonna put m3 side skirts on it, but I'm still deciding on whether or not to replace the front bumper or just have the gray paint matched and leave it as is. I like the m3 front bumper, it looks a lot more aggressive, but I don't know if I want to spend that kind of money on a none performance mod.

What do you think?
cheers!
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Hey Kyle,

Honestly i have no problem with the stock spoiler, i would definately do a color match :!: You will see an instant difference as the cars lines are not broken up they flow from top to bottom. A well worth and cheap mod :cool:

Other than that all is well... been running around in the beemer all day having meetings, it is a cold and miserable day so it is very lekka having warm leather wrapped around me!!!

How much u reckon the side skirts would set u back. Over here we have a company that has been making Glassfibre replica parts for many many years and do some awesome work. There M3 front bumper is like $200.
How does that compare to an original part ??

Gotta run, another meeting

Cheers bud,

e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

An OEM front bumper costs around $650 over here, but a fiberglass bumper would be around $250 or something like that. Both of those would include a $100-150 shipping fee tho. :(

The side skirts OEM would cost around $400 while fiberglass side skirts would cost around $170-200

The thing I'm waiting for really is for some people to start selling side skirts on ebay off their m3's. I'd like to get an OEM on fairly cheap if possible so I can keep my jack holes usable. The fiberglass skirts will cover the jack holes and make them unusable.

Either way I go, a color match is in mind. I've been sick of the gray for a while now, lol. Painting the gray to match alone makes the car appear lower as well. Looks much better, lol. :cool:

well, nice to see your routine is getting back to normal over that way.

cheers ;)
96is
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by 96is »

Hope you don't mind me chiming in but I saw one thread somewhere that said you could scrub the grey paint off the sideskirts and it'll be the color of your car underneath. From what I read, it only works on the sideskirts. The new paint won't have clearcoat but it will be green instead of grey. Give me a bit and I'll try to find the link, or have you already heard about this?
96 - 318is
97 VW Jetta GLS (totalled and why I hate curbs)
91 - 318is (gone but not forgotten)
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Don't mind you chiming in at all. ;) I enjoy more discussion on here.

I have heard of this already actually. You more than likely came across some discussion I had about it in the past on a different site. I asked a lot of questions about it in the past, but decided against it becuase I'd have to paint the front and rear bumpers to match anyways.

I saw where a lot of guys did this and sprayed some clear coat on it and it looked great!
96is
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by 96is »

Ok, I might try it when I've got some free time, because the gray stuff is already rubbing off in some areas on mine. I do agree with you about keeping the jack holes. (At least until I get my own hydraulic lift :D
96 - 318is
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

haha, a hydraulic lift would be sweet! i coul get ahold fo one pretty easy but I've currently got no where to put it. :(

let me know how that color match goes. i'm curious, lol.

cheers.
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Kyle Kyle Kyle..... how goes it ?

Please go for the color match... u wont be sorry... the car's whole look changes. When i was still working up in Central africa my drift car was a 333 e30 shadowline and the bloody thing was fully color coded but not the thin black strips on the sides below the side skirts and it made the car look like it was standing on its toes... best thing i ever did was color code, then she looked Mean as FU*%

Have u tried finding some oem M3 bumpers at th elocal scrappy? maybe a M3 that had a rear end shunt and the front and sides are ok.

If u got some spare time on ur hands just drive the Beemer over to my factory and i'll custom make some M3 carbon fibre kit for u... its just a quick trip... come on over :D

Enough of that foolishness... back to work.

Talk to u later mate

Cheers

e36 316
e36 318is project car
96is
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by 96is »

If only BMW's were as watertight as the old beetles. I think you might have more than one taker.
96 - 318is
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Oh don't get me wrong Steve, I'm definitly going for the color match...... eventually, :D. I'm just waiting on some prices to fall on the peices, lol. Everyone knows that the US Dollar is slowly going to crap and it's getting harder and harder to afford stuff, lol. The prices always drop on non-summer seasons for exterier sports car peicesm, thank goodness. Color matching makes a car look like a completely different car, lol. I really don't understand why they didn't do this before 1996?? I mean I know what they different shade is used for, but it wasn't really needed, so they could have switched way earlier, lol.

Like 96is said, you'd have a lot of takers if these cars would float. :D The visit to Africa alone would be worth the whole deal, lol. I've never been on that side of the world. I'll come visit someday. ;)

In the meantime I'll be trying to find a close salvage yard for those parts.

cheers guys!
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Hey Buddy,

You and 96is are more than welcome anytime :!: You guys will love Africa big time. Especially here by the coast with me, My only advice would be to leave any wives/girlfriends/fiance etc at home...
The ladies down here are sooooo lovely and friendly to, Bless them :cool:

Just looking out the window and DAMN if it aint gonna be a day for cruising the beach... one small snag, remember a while back i had the whole family on my case about settling down... bloody hell, i should never have agreed to meet those bloody woman. Ended up meeting a nice girl... Hope she aint the jealous type :D

I should have been born a lesbian... I LOVE WOMAN :!: :!:

Now gentleman i am off to get a drop of work done and get my weekend started, playing action cricket at 3pm and need a few beers in me before that all begins.

Have a good one bud, talk to u soon.

Hey 96is... dont be a stranger, lets get this site humming with activity and dont forget to click on the Adverts... trying to get Kyle is M3 ASAP :D

Cheers Guys

e36 316
e36 318is project car