where is the outside air temp sensor?

A Lounge for off topic discussions

Moderators: synergy, kyleabaker

Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

TEMP

Post by Coop101 »

Kyle, dude... where is the blooming probe that tells u the outside air temp ?

Trying to help a mate out... car is a e36 316... the MFD shows temp as -37
Which it clearly is not :lol:

Any ideas where the pickup is and what would be a suitable replacement part ?

Cheers
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

i think the sensor is under the right side front tirewell, i'll get back to you on that, but i think that is correct ;)

until then, cheers!
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

hey dude, did you ever find the temp sensor on your friends car?

whats the status?
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Yeah thanks mate... or shall i say i found what was left of the blooming thing... two scragly little wires just chilling there... no sign of the sensor... who knows...

Will start looking for a replacment...at worst will make my own thermister... just a temp probe in epoxy resin to limit spikes..

Cheers buddy...

Any sign of a cheap 318is badge for me ???

PLEEEEEEEEASE keep an eye out for me dude... Thanks bud

Cheers

TO THE PUB!
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

been searching but i can't really find any 318 badges, or atleast not cheap ones ;)

still hunting for you tho

cheers,
kyleabaker
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Ah Cheers Dude, appreciate the effort !!!!

Even considering setling into the workshop for an evening and puting a piece of aluminium in the milling machine and machining my own bloody badge... might me the last resort !

Bloody hell today is gonna be a busy one... u know u gonna suffer when the cell starts ringing at 6:30am :shock:

Cheers dude

TO THE PUB! :cool:
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

lol, you could always buy one from bmpdesign.com or bavauto.com
i know the feeling about getting up at 6:30, lol

cheers
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

YEEEESSSSSSS

Post by Coop101 »

Kyle... i can only assume you got round to saying those prayers for me dude !!

Got a call from the dealer yesterday, my barrel arrived a few days earlier than expected...she went in yesterday... the lady at reception said that the first available book in date was 3 weeks from yesterday !!! :evil:
Having worked in central africa for 7 years and knowing a thing or two about "incentive based motivation" i went and saw the service manager quickly...

He said he would have a look at it this morning :D

Lets hope he does ! :oops:

Looking forward to driving the 316 again and putting the 318is back in the garage... have many more mods need doing on her.

Cheers Dude

kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Sweet dude! Glad your luck seems to be changing!

My expenses for my car over the summer have only began! I'm working on getting the dent on my left from fender fixed and while I'm at it I'm gonna put on an m-tech bodykit. I'm gonna talk to a bodyshop guy I know and see if he can get the kit off of a junked m3 and used it. I would prefer a used bodykit thats been touched up over a fiberglass kit just because I'd feel better about the quality of the peices that are going on my car and they won't look cheap later on down the road. I think that will help my car alot!

I grabbed a quick image on the net and "photoshop-changed" the color of the car so I could get an idea of how it will look when the m-tech parts are installed.

heres the original pic...
http://img316.imageshack.us/img316/8539/612111gq.jpg

heres the edited pic...
http://img316.imageshack.us/img316/5954/6121123za.jpg

..the you can see how much this will improve my car by the sig pic below, lol, minus the wheels and vador seats, etc. ;)
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

All i can say is...every cloud has a silver lining... sure the hit and run was a kak thing to have happen to u, but in the end u have the incentive to upgrade your baby!! :D Gonna Look AWESOME dude :!:

I wish we lived closer to one another, would have been able to sort u a seriously cool and unique spoiler kit. My dad and i have a very cool hobby... we build aeroplanes, which means i have easy and cost effective access to carbon fibre, kevlar and any other composite i want.
Would have built you one around your car for u. Completely custom... and to think all i charge is materials and a drinking buddy... maybe that is why i have so many alcoholic mates... :D

Busy with a modified M3 spolier for my 318is.
Got some very cool stuff i am playing with, when you get it it is flat like thick glass fibre cloth, when you wet it out with resin the cloth stands up and what you have is a composite "plywood" the cloth is actually two layers with the magic in the middle, when the resin is soaked into the cloth the top and bottom layers separate and yo have a sort of "watson truss" inbetween, but all composite. :cool: very cool stuff :cool:
And it weighs nothing.

Still no word from the dealer... getting near the weekend... :(

Cheers Dude

e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Dude! That is sweet! Working on aeroplanes sounds cool, and having connections like that sounds even better! :) Got any pics of the cars and maybe some parts you've made?

I'm gonna see if I can figureout how to make a car profile thing so we can all upload pics of our cars to our profiles.

cheers

ps. i'll say a little prayer to see if the dealer will hurry up for you, lol.
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Hey Buddy,

Got the car back friday afternoon !!! :D Cost a little more than estimated but worth every penny... Nothing like having a professional work on your car. :cool:

I have been very bad at keeping a pictorial record of the stuff i make, it usualy starts as an idea over a few beers when a mate is visiting and then it moves to the garage and then out comes the white foam and the next thing u know i am pissed and my mate has a bumper or spoiler on his car... really should start taking pics... will start with this new M3 spoiler i am making.

Gotta rush, need to have a quick meeting with my guys.

Chat to ya later

Cheers dude !

TO THE PUB ! :cool:
e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

congratz on getting the car back. still trying to find some body kit peices for my ride. I'm hoping to pull them off of a used m3 in a junk yard somewhere so I can keep everything authentic.

cheers
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Hey Dude,

All well your side ?

We are having some serious rain down this side :!: Been like 4 days non stop now... The weather is playing havoc with the scenery. No bikinis in this weather... just eyeballs sticking out between hood and scarf :D

Oh well...

Spent the weekend faffing with the 316... the 318is is back under the car cover awaiting completion of the new parts. Not feeling very inspired by this weather, plus the curing time on the resin is insanely slow... had to mix up some epoxy last night for a plane my dad and i are building for a client... had to make a steam bath for the epoxy so that it was mixable.

A mate of myne has offered to design logo for me which he will then take to his mate and get a couple laser cut for me. will then use that on the 318is when the mods are complete. Debadge the sucker and put myne on the boot in place of the 318is badge.

Now all i need to find are a bundle of 3mm blue led's for the switches and dash...

Sheers dude

TO THE PUB ! :cool:
e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Dude, I need you to say a few prayers for me, lol, I was in an accident at work on tuesday and I crushed my right leg. I'll be in the hospital until about next weekend or so. This sucks. This is the first chance I've had to get online and check my messages. But any ways, wish me luck, and that I can drive again soon, lol.

Cheers man.