E30 blower motor

BMW parts. If you are looking for individual parts for your car.

Moderators: synergy, kyleabaker

loeryder

E30 blower motor

Post by loeryder »

I bought a used blower motor for my 94 E36.
Well once i got it all apart and started tryign to figure out why it wouldn't seat properly I came to find out I have an E30 blower motor.

It is a used motor, but still spins very smoothly.

$35 shipped

Considering the dealer price on blower motors is $300+ I figured used is the way to go.
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

you're gonna sell the whole thing for $35 shipped! :shock:
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Do you still have this blower motor for sell?
rromanf
n00b-1st Gear
n00b-1st Gear

Post by rromanf »

Used parts can be a great savings, but you have to be aware of the pitfalls. I have purchased used part before and have had good experiences and bad ones. In general it depends on the type of part.

Certain types of the BMW blowers, like the two wheel blower motors are notorious for shipping damage and this in the OE boxes. The blower wheels tend to get warped or the spokes connecting the wheel to the motor shaft break bringing the wheel out of balance. Depending on by how much the wheel is out of whack it will cause vibrations or even touch the blower housing when spinning. Blowers should also never be handled by the wheels and the wheels should not carry any weight during shipping.

While the noise and vibrations are more of a nuissance, used blowers might also damage the blower regulator (sometimes called "final stage unit" by BMW). Bad blowers can draw higher amps and burn up the blower regulators (of course this does not apply to the E30). The regulators are typically easy to replace, but they will fail again if the bad blower motor is not replaced at the same time.

That is just my two Cents worth.
Ruben
I used to work for a BMW OE supplier. Feel free to contact me if you need any information on engine cooling and AC. I can help you out with finding part numbers as well.