where is the outside air temp sensor?

A Lounge for off topic discussions

Moderators: synergy, kyleabaker

Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Dude... Clapton is the man !!!

Good luck with the guitar, awesome instrument, played it when i was younger... first song i ever learnt was AD/DC Thunderstruck... man did i drive the house insane with that track ha ha :shock:

Otherwise life is ok... Business is good. Keeping out of trouble mostly.
We are actually pretty careful on the bikes, only when oppertunity allows on the highways do we take liberties with the throttle, but we try plan a majority of the rides out on quite roads with sweet corners...

Anyway... best of luck with the exams... seems ol John boy is taking strain... far to quite :D Or has he discovered something more entertaining than us and this forum... Nahh couldnt be :-D

Cheers Guys, Chat soon

TO THE PUB! :cool:
e36 316
e36 318is project car
96is
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by 96is »

I'm backkkk :-D Man was it a fun time down there. Brazilians are crazy drivers. Some of the cars and vans were inches away from ours and then a bicylist or a biker would go through the seemingly impossible gap. When we got back to KC I was very grateful for the open road.

Got a nice sunburn while I was there and got see some very nice sights. :) One of the funnier things I saw was some political trucks that would drive around the town and blare (I mean BLARE!) music. They had different stickers and number on them to indicate the party they were for but it was definitly interesting. Crossing my fingers but I might have an opportunity to return and work there for 6 months with an IT company. It would be really cool but I need to work on my Portuguese.

Anywho, I got the car back yesterday, She seems happier after the Oil change and stuff but the suspension kit didn't make it in soon enough to be installed. Have either of you ever heard of a bavariantuning.com? Nick Talbot's the person I've been in contact with. Can't wait to get that kit in. :)

Oh, and Steve, nothing could be better than you guys, well, almost nothing :wink:
96 - 318is
97 VW Jetta GLS (totalled and why I hate curbs)
91 - 318is (gone but not forgotten)
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Yipeeeeeeeeee... glad to hear u back John... Brazil... Hmmmm u must have been in paradise... Notice how u failed to elaborate on the details as to what the lovely sites were !!! All good... i unerstand :cool:

Other than that u OK ?

Kyle is taking strain with the studies... poor chap he he
I SO dont miss studying, thank fu*% its over with !!!

So when do u expect ur suspension kit to arrive and get fitted ?
U gonna love that feeling of being glued to the road.. turns u into an instant hooligan on the corners :twisted:

And now i must dash... gotta get to doing some work at some point today.

Take care guys, chat soon

Cheers

e36 316
e36 318is project car
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Guys.. help needed.

Have u guys ever heard of the repair for the climate control, as i understand it it is rather a common problem on our cars. Let me give u a quick run down incase u not sure.

Problem: climate control( digital ) is erratic, comes on and off as it feels, or wont switch on at all no matter what buttons u press or while its on it shuts down but the lights behind the buttons stay on, but display is dead and no air is moving.

Solution: The silution i found was on a 328 forum ( www.328i.org ) the guys had a solution whioch they posted, with pictures and all. What u do is pop out the OBC so u can get to the cilate control unit. Then u take out the CC unit and open it up. U need to buy a .47 microfarad cap and replace as shown. This worked a treat and my unit works a charm. But what i am noticing is the fan speed only sometimes responds to the input. You can switch on the climate control and it come son but it will either be blowing at full fan speed or half or low or whatever it feel slike bit will very seldom listen to teh controls ??

Just wanna know if A, u heard of this problem and the solution i described and B, if u got any ideas about thefan speed problem? hoping it is another capacitor or something that needs changing.

Thanks Mates

CHEERS

e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

@Steve
Sorry dude, I haven't run into this problem yet and don't know much about the climate control unit. The only problem I have with mine is that the fan doesn't really work on position 1 or 2 but works fine on position 3 and 4. I need to look into that soon. My climate control isn't digital tho. :( I wish it was, haha, or I would also like to just replace it and my radio with one of the new navigational systems with climate control settings and radio built in with a touch screen interface! That would be sweet.

I'll be on the look out for some mroe help for you tho while I'm searching for a fix for my climate control. ;)

@John
Glad to see you're back and alive, haha! Brazil sounds like it would be an awesome place to work for a temp job! Hope your suspension comes in soon. Keep us updated on it, haha. I've been looking around, trying to find a college student deal on some suspension, haha.

Cheers guys!
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

You guys have any plans for Halloween!?! Its definitly a good time for parties around here, haha.
96is
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by 96is »

Steve, I've got a digital climate control but haven't had any problems with it yet. My persistant problem is with the cat. The computer says it's not doing the correct job, but I'd prefer to avoid the 300 bucks for a direct replacdement, any suggestions from you guys?

Anways, I've got to make this quick and get back to the books. I still haven't caught up with all my work from being gone.

Our college had a 'Fright Night' for the local community Friday. It was okay, one of the Dorms decorated up the their hallways. So the local community kids could come by and have a relatively safe place to trick-o-treat. It was fun.
96 - 318is
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Hey guys, things hectic on my side... gonna be quite for a day or so. Will try squeeze in a chat if i can.

Hope u guys are doing ok... be good and if u cant... take photo's

Cheers

e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Man, what a fun halloween! What did you guys do?

@John
About the catalytic convertor. I bought a new one at a discount online store. I'll see if I can find the online store again and post a link for you. Works great and mounted up perfect.

@Steve
Heres a fun pick of me chilling in my super sweet ninja costume at a costume party, haha....one of the photos you requested, lol
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

So whats new guys! Anything?
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Hey Guys... Been a bit hectic over here...

Decided to go out for a few cold ones last night... Ohhhhh...crawled in who knows what time this morning... was a good night though... man there were some friendly chicks in the bar last night WooHoo.
Its a good thing my mate owns that pub, else i would have been bounced ages ago :D

So whats up with u guys ? Whats new ?

I think i am going to pass on work today and go play with my Bimmer.
wanna pull the climate control out and have a look at it, diagnose the problem and sort it out. Pretty sure it is just a dodgy Cap.

Other than that i am good... Oh Kyle... i am single again :D :D turns out she wasnt the one...judging from last night i am still looking for Mrs Right but having alot of fun with the Mrs. Wrongs along the way HA HA.... And i wonder why i cant settle down :shock: haha
This town has got far too many beautiful creatures running around to behave !!!

Anyway... i am going to go home, bugger this for a game of darts !!

Cheers Mates

TO THE PUB ! :cool:
e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Nothing new here, haha, wish there were tho. Sorry to hear you're single again, but atleast you'er having fun on the search. ;) Hope you get that climate control bug fixed, i know how things like that can be annoying.
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Hey Guys, whats bubbling ??

Still having headaches with the climate control!! Have no control over the fan speed but all else is 100% operational... bloody irritating!!

Anywho... so whats up your side chaps ?? News, gossip, stories ???

Gearin up for the weekend this side... Soooo looking orward to hitting the beach and chilling!
Have a few dates to survive between now and saturday, wish me luck... had a few real man-eaters the last few times... barely surviived !!! Since when did woman become so forward? Ha Ha

I better get back to work.. chat later guys

Cheers

e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Finals! Ahhhhh. Everything has been very hectic. I still have a couple finals left, but I've upgraded the videos page in the downloads sections so you guys can stream some cool beemer videos. I'll have many more on there over christmas break! Just gotta get thru these finals then I'll have plenty of time to chill here again, haha. Hope you guys haven't totally forgot about this place. ;)

kyleabaker
96is
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by 96is »

I haven't given up, just getting myself unswamped. What an interesting time it's been since I was here last.
I do have some good to report though! Despite the snow and ice that we got through last week, the car's doing good. I'm enjoying the suspension and it's not punishing me too badly. The real test will be heading back to Alabama for winter break. Lots of highway and I'll see how much I like the setup then.

@ Kyle any luck with the trim pieces you've been wanting to get?

Finals are calling, later gents....
96 - 318is