where is the outside air temp sensor?

A Lounge for off topic discussions

Moderators: synergy, kyleabaker

kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Good to hear that there are no complaints! I think most of the members join and ask a question then download stuff and leave. I put messages all over the place to remind them to converse with us in the forums, lol. Oh well...

The leg is getting much better. I still have problems with my ankle, and it doesn't seem to want to start moving much, lol. But I definitly see some progress, which is a great thing because my doctor said that if he sees progress with my ankle I won't need another surgery on it! Yahooo! But there is still that surgery that I'll have to get if I want my big toe moving again. It's awkward now, I mean the four maller toes on that foot are moving pretty good, but the big toe just kind of hangs out.

I went driving on saturday in my car. It felt great man! I guess you could say I'm back on the road now, haha. I was flying up and down the side roads, even drifting in the wet spots. Much fun. I think I might start buying some stuff for it and begin working on it once again. Like your 318is, mine is some what of a project car as well. I'm mainly just trying to make it look nice and what not. I also have to replace some small things. The door lock on the passenger side is faulty and works only half of the time, but while I'm at it I'll rpobably put keyless entry on it and maybe a small alarm system.

That crazy guy. You know, he probably went ahead and sold the M3, if he had one, to someone else and didn't have a better story, lol. It will be a little longer before I consider buying an M3. I've gotta get some cash rolling in, haha. Gotta finish up college and then I'll be looking. :D

Those Impreza's are pretty darn fast, but....an EVO 2 M would be crazy fast! About the M specs....

Sorry dude, but I can't remember exactly where you live, somewhere in Africa I suppose. I think I recall you mentioning Africa at one point, lol. My bad. ;)

But I know the Euro M3's and the American M3's are almost completely different machines! In the E36 model M3's, the American M3 put out around 240hp while the Euro put out around 300-320hp (I've heard different figures). I'd say that the M3's over there will be similar to the Euro's if not the same. The main reason for the difference in power is due to federal laws in the USA which started limiting the power cars can have dramatically back in the 1970's. They did this to decrease fatalities caused by muscle cars, etc. Also, the emissions tests are different in the USA than in Europe and USA vehicles have to hold back a lot thru that.

I wish I could import a Euro M3 over here, haha. That'd be awesome. Are bimmers popular where you live? do many people ahve them?

Well I'm out to wash the car and take the lady out to eat. Talk to you later man! Cheers!
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Nothing like a bit of drift to get the blood pumping!!! :D

Glad to hear that ur rolling again, was becoming frustrated for ur part :twisted:

Yeah, i am in africa, on the coast actually, called Port elizabeth, on the tip of Southern Africa, Next to Cape Town. Lovely down here.
We have Zero laws when it comes to power and emissions and such stuff.
About the only thiong we ger flack for is very dark tint on the windows.
The M3 i am after and have test driven is teh Evo 2 and it weighs in at 320 BHP. It is an awesome experience driving that thing. Get a woody every time :cool:
On the way to work this morning my mate came roaring last me in his new GTI golf... and got nailed for speeding... drove by slowwwwwly laughing my ass off. He wasnt impressed.

Anyway, better get going. Got a SHITE day ahead of me. Clients on my neck since early.

Habe a good one

Cheers dude

TOP THE PUB! :cool:
e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Yeah man, I'm making it around pretty well now.

You most definitly need that Evo M3 man. That would be a treat! Then you could fly by your friend in the Golf and not even have to worry about the police catching you, hehe.

I think I'm gonna start buying some stuff for my ride again now that I'm back on my feet pretty well. I'll run my ideas by you and get your opinion on them. I just have to work up a list first, haha.

Hey if you can, click on the google ad (the one on top, changes on each page load) at the bottom of the screen and click it like ever few days or so, but not too often, haha. Everytime someone clicks one of the google ads they give me like a couple of pennies, haha, but I just started it tonight so as to help the site pay for itself. I threw some in the downloads section as well since most members go there first, lol.

Thanks man!
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Will get clicking ASAP !! gotta get those pennies up to dollars and get u an Evo2 !!!! What would u expect to pay for an M3 over there ??
Over here i am expecting to pay between R140,000 and R160,000 ( that being my currency the Rand ) looked at the exchange rate just now and it is 1US$ to 6.8ZAR... which means it is in the range of $20,000 to $23,000
for teh Evo 2 M3... how does that compare to ur side ?

Yeah... about the mate getting pulled in the GTI... so not tickled by my flagrant display of self enjoyment at his demise :twisted: he got knocked for approx. $150. He He.
The Evo will destroy his GTI that i have no doubt but as for running from the cops... hell no... our Highway patrol varies from Turbo charged Atra 2.0L modified for the cops... and if u really unlucky u piss them off enough to despatch the flying squad... those boys are rolling in nothing but Beemers including the new M3 unrestricted !!!
Have no desire to to take them on !!!

Anywho... our weather is upside down over here... major rain and flooding... someone left the tap open me thinks :-D

Chat later dude,

Cheers

Steve

TO THE PUB! :cool:
e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Thanks for clicking dude! I'm now up to $0.02, haha. I'd say I will be able to make enough off these clicks to get an Evo myself, haha. Just kidding. But I do think it will easily pay for the cost of most of this site each year. About $25-$30, not too bad at all really.

You're police have some wicked nice cars then, huh? That's awesome, but at the same time it's not, lol. The "fast" police around here have corvettes and camaros. I don't much like either of them tho. The new corvettes are nice but I'd never buy one.

My brother travels to India frequently and he said they were having the same kind of wheather a week or two ago. I think we are having the exact opposite. It's so hot here that each day almost sets a record high, lol. It's supposed to cool down in a few days tho.

Well, ttyl dude.
Cheers!
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Dude...

What a shit day, Major rain and flooding... people dying... Not the best driving weather

Cops here have some smoking cars !!! I have seen a Lambo in our cop colors... porches...M5... and many more!!!

Tell me, what do u think the gains are of adding a RAM pipe to the air box.
from down by the brake duct.
Any reasons not to... negative implications

gotta dash

Cheers bud

e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Dude, that is crazy! I've heard about the flooding over there, but people dying! Thats a big bummer. It's too hot here tho. It's really humid, but it doesn't rain.

Sounds like cop work would be great there! If you get to drive one of the good cars that is. ;)

I put a cold air intake on my ride (minor differences from a ram intake) and I think I probably got around 10 or maybe slightly under 15 hp from it. That is about what you can expect from a performance intake on average. I have not dyno'd or anything, but I'd say I get closer to 10 out of it. They always tell you like th ebest case senerio's so you'll think you got like 50hp when really you got 2hp, haha. The only reasons against installing one would be...if it floods alot, like a foot or two of standing water, or is your bumper allows any water straight thru in any cracks or holes. The air that it pulls should be coming up under the bumper and not thru the brake duct. This way avoids the risk of water getting in and hydrolocking the pistons. This my friend is a very very very bad thing, haha. Other than that, if you can say no to those you have every reason to install one.
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Hey Bud,

Very Sad dude, the bridge just below my house was washed away... took a lady and her 5 year old son with it. She survived but the kid died very very uncool. They found the car far down river ( a beemer by the way )
Then this morning i heard the worst part of it, she was pregnant and lost the baby too! Tragic

I am very temptd to add an extention to the air intake. I dont think that the stock pickup next to the radiator can be the most effective for picking up the coolest air. Going to fool around with different ideas, but the main objective is to move the main pickup from next to the Rad to a point of cooler pick-up.

Thoughts ?? Ideas ?? Suggestions welcome mate.

Now i am going to go straight back to bed, was a long night of boozing and trying to behave...was at my local watering hole, got picked up by a gymnastic, yoga teacher.... dont ask... u woul djust hate me if i told u... the word Pretzel came to mind at one point :D
But i did suffer for my sins... had to be on site at 6am to check how my night shift went. OUCH!!

Dude, i need sleep, im outa here... let me know if u got any ideas on the ducting or any other fun ideas for a weekend project to do to the Beemer.

Cheers mate

e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Dude, that is a very sad story about the woman and here child and unborn child. That's got to be rough to deal with! And the washed up car is a tragedy in itself. :(

Anyway, about the intake, I got the one that they show here... http://www.cosmosracing.com/ ..., but I found it for less on ebay. It was like $80 US when I bought it off ebay. It is really good. It runs down below the radiator and off to the front driver's side corner, just under the corner light. I've not had any problems at all with this setup. It is down near the brake duct, although the brake duct is sealed tight and not leaking any air (or possible water off the road). I this setup is what you are looking for. Many different companies make them tho. I hear the Green filters are the best tho. Mine has a K&N filter on it, which I hear is barely less that the Green filter quality. Here is the site for Green filters... http://www.greenfilters.com/ ...these kinds of filters are also very easy to install.

Sounds like you had a good time. Learn any yoga while you were at it? Did she do any flips or cart-wheels on you, lol. Why would I hate you, lol, go one...tell, do tell, haha.

I went and chilled with a friend over friday night. He is very good on guitar and I'm trying to pick up some skills from him, lol. I'm better at driving than guitar, lol.

What kind of music do you listen to?

cheers man, have a good rest, lol.

ps- feel free to click as many ads as you'd like, lol. I'm up to $0.28 now, lo.

EDIT:
Hey dude, I'm trying to think of a better url name for the site as I got kyleabaker more just to make a personal website out of it. What do you think of the name bimmermania.com? I'm trying to think of a good name to have for the site. Any ideas for a good catchy url name that isn't already in use?
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Hey Bud,

Nearly fully recovered... far too much Booze this weekend... and to think they always start with a bloominh innocent friday business lunch!! :shock:

Cheers for the info on the Cold air intake, u hit the nail on the head... exactly what i am looking to install.

Will get to thinking about a a name for the site... bimmermania does sound good though. I would urge u to try and find something that sets u appart from the rest... with regard to the name, change nothing else !!! Doing a great job mate !! 3 cheers... If only u lived here... Yoga babe has a sister :cool:

Anyway, i am off, just popped into work to fetch my cell charger.

Talk to u soon mate

Cheers

e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

So you're probably fully recovered by now, can't believe you get to start your early boozing on a friday business lunch! Lol. They make a lot of cold air intakes like that. I'm not sure how much it would cost to ship from these companies but you could check them out to see a few more intakes...

http://www.bavauto.com/
http://www.bmpdesign.com/

...those are my two favorite online stores, altho I usually check ebay before final purchase to make sure I can't find it for less somewhere. ;)

I will definitly not change anything about the site when it switches over. If think of anything good I'm all ears, lol. Yoga babe has a sister, eh? Oh well, haha. I'll let you know if I have a planned trip there anytime soon, lol. Until then, sounds like you've got it made! You should get her and her sister drunk and see if the sister likes yoga as well. ;)

cheers dude.
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

I'm going tomorrow to get a price quote for a bodykit and to get this stupid dent removed from earlier this year... http://www.kyleabaker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=80 ...that was a headache in a half, lol. Hopefully the guy will hook me up with a sweet sweet (i know what you're thinking, can't be as sweet as a yoga babe, haha) deal with the bodykit.

well wish me some bargaining luck. ;)

cheers.
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

What body kit u after ? Go for M3 Kit :D :D :cool:

Sorry, u have to excuse my SLIGHTLY biased opinion on that front ...

How things coming along with the leg ?? I assume u doing lots more driving since ur first venture out.

Not much to report on this side... weather still shite... good for one thing only :-D
Gonna have to be careful on friday night, have a smoking date and it aint with yoga girl... lets hold thumbs this doesnt turn ugly!
And i am going to try ur suggestion regarding getting yoga girl and sister tanked up and see what happens.

Other than that work is hectic and i am in need of some serious Rest... not the kind that involved getting pissed and staying out to all hours.

Gonna hit the road dude,

Talk soon, let me know what body kit u go for!!

Cheers Dude

e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Haha, dude I'm most definitly after the M3 body kit! I'm looking up some parts on ebay now cause the guys told me to check there first. He said he he knew some places, but that if I could get them off the internet cheaper to go ahead. He is going to do the painting and repair that dent for me. If you know of any sweet deals on the side skirts or front bumper feel free to send em my way, lol. ;)

About the dates.. lol :D:):D:). Wasn't it you telling me to send the nurses your way earlier, lol. Sounds like you've got a lot of connections already, lol. Business is booming over that way, haha.

Work sucks on all continents, lol. Atleast you're not sliding down a bank trapped under a dirt packer because the bank breaks off, lol.

Dude I just had a thought... I was about to say, the grass is greener on the other side....but IS IT? Sheep always think the grass is greener on the other side and wander to the other side only to find that the grass is the same. Now from the new side, the grass looks greener on the old side, so they wander back over to where they started from. Therefore, there must be no other side!?! Everything in reality must suck and look better from a distance!

Translation,... drive fast, haha.

But anyways, get some rest!... After the date with the chic, :D... and the yoga chics as well. You are a lucky lucky man. :cool:
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Hey Buddy,

Gonna be a tough weekend for me mate, my good friend just lost is 18 month old baby boy.
The funeral is tomorrow. Need to pull myself together and be there for him.

U can guess that it hasnt been the best of days...

Will get back to u when things have settled down.

Chers bud,
Take care

Steve
e36 316
e36 318is project car