where is the outside air temp sensor?

A Lounge for off topic discussions

Moderators: synergy, kyleabaker

kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

hey John! Good to see you're still here, haha. Like you I've been swampped! I finished up a 10 page paper tonight that is due tomorrow. I actually finished it before 12am for a change! No more workingt il 3-4am, haha. Now I'm taking a short break before I dive back into french hw. I have some catchup to do before tomorrow for that class. Foreign languages...not my cup of tea.

Good to hear that the ice didn't damage your car or anything. I hear we are getting snow back home (moutains), but here in Raleigh it's just straight cold! Currently 31 degrees, but i think the lows are expected to be around 22 or so. Burrr.

No luck with the trim as of yet. My be I'll surprise you over x-mas, haha. I've been too busy with school to even think about working on the car. Instead most of my bimmer passion comes out on here, lol.

I have two finals coming up on monday and then another a week later to finish off the semester. Good luck on yours man!

Steve! How are things treating you now-a-days!?
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Well...I've successfully aced one class so far! Took the final this morning and wrote a 4 page essay in an hour no problem.....so thats good. I still have a physics final at 6pm til 9pm. Gonna be studying from now until 6 haha (11:04am now, wow). Hopefully after all this is over I can go back and crash in my apartment for a week until my last test and just dive into bimmer stuff again, haha.

Good luck with your exams John...and Steve..I know the ladies are great, but...but...but so are your jokes, lol. Come back. ;)

Cheers guys
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Hey guys....john...steve! Classes are over..now I'm back at home and probably going to do a little work on the car tomorrow. Mostly just services (oil, filter, etc)...but fun stuff!

Hope you guys are doing well. I hope to hear back from the both of you before Christmas, but if I don't then..Mery Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Cheers guys!
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Hey guys!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!
-Hope to hear back from you both soon!
96is
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by 96is »

Hey Kyle!
Thanks for the Christmas wishes,
I hope that you got a chance to go home for the break. I got back the other night and had a really good time. I just got a small present for myself from BMP, (I"m missing two of roundels for my wheels and it's been on my nerves since I got the the car :) Anywho, have a great new years and Steve try to remain conscious throughout your celebrations :)

John
96 - 318is
97 VW Jetta GLS (totalled and why I hate curbs)
91 - 318is (gone but not forgotten)
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Hey John!

I got home fine for break around the 20th of December. I still have a week at home until classes start back at NC State. I did get a new camera for x-mas tho. I'll probably be uploading some pictures in my profile soon..or hopefully, haha. I've been busy..even over the break.

Hope you and Steve have safe travels during what's left of the holidays!
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

DUDES !!!!!!!!!

Post by Coop101 »

HEY Guys

How the hell are we.... dont i feel rough as a bears asshole after that festive season !!

How are things my good mates ??

I have a slight compression drop myself... need a holiday from the holiday

Will chat later, get some work done

Cheers chaps

TO THE PUB! :cool:
e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Welcome back Steve! Glad to see that you are still alive. ;) I've been doing pretty well myself....back at school now. No more holidays for a while. :( I did get to do a little cleanup work on my 325is while I was home, and changed the fluids. So how've you been? Whats new?

cheers!
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Well... the the 318is got a good service herself... and i did it all with my grubby little paws :D

Splashed out and put the best oil, filter and plugs into her...
Gave the leather a good old rub down with Dubbin... she is looking and feeling awesome!

Other than the beemer i didnt go anywhere for the holidays... i do live at the beach so i guess it woul dbe a bit backward to leave ha ha :shock:

I have ordered myself a sweet bike, she arrives on the 20th of Feb. I am Soooo excited... will post pic for u guys... She is a CBR 900 RR FireBlade
with carbon akropovic pipes, steering damper... back tyre is a 195 !!!!!!! thats a freakin car size !!! :twisted: They rate she is good for 180 MPH

Upload pics soon

Cheers Guy
e36 316
e36 318is project car
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Guys... am i being doff or what... what is procedure for uploading a pic to the site ???

You see what happens when u dont use ur domputer degree... u forget and waste all that money HA HA HA :D

Cheers guys

TO THE PUB! :cool:
e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

um...well, i've been slow about modding the site, but I'll get right on the uploading images option, haha. for now tho..you can go to imageshack.us and...

1. upload image there
2. there will be several urls for the image once it uploads there, you want to copy the "Direct" url (the others are really small thumbnail size images).
3. in your post...write this to put an image in your post...

..then your image will show up here. But in the future I plan on having an option to upload and attach images from the site.
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Hey Guys...

How the hell are we ?

Been major busy this side... Not much changed besides the Bike situation.

The Fireblade fell through cause of a misunderstanding... my Fault!!
But it must have been a sign. Have bought myself the big daddy. The ZZR 1100D ( D stands for Dual RAM Air intake ) This bike was the first bike to come out with 200MPH on thge clock and actually go over the clock indication...
Motor is a 4 cylinder DOHC 16v 1100cc with Four Throttle bodies !!!!!

CANT WAIT... she pops throttle wheelies in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd !!!!

Gonna have to cut this short... work work work.

Chat later mates, Take care

Cheers
Steve

TO THE PUB ! :cool:
e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Tons of school work here dude, haha. The bike sounds sweet! Post vids or pics anytime, haha. Try not to work too hard over there. ;)
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Hey Guys,

How goes it ?

work work work over here... hardly enough time to have fun... hardly :wink:

I feel it is my duty to inform u i have had another change of heart regarding the bike..... The day i went to pay for the Blade, i saw my BABY..
Had to have her... poor salesman... he did nothing to hide the deep sigh when i saw the new bike. But it is official, no more changing minds, have bought myself a 2001 ZX9R Ninja. Hmmmmmm she is soooo sexy Ha Ha :D

My mate Dave took her for a burn and when he came back he wasnt even off the bike and he was lighting a smoke... and thats says alot cuase he rides a R6 !!

Anyway, other than that i am doing good. You guys sound like u are doing some serious studying over there... all work and no play gentleman :cool:

Back to work now... take care gents.. let us know what is happening with ur bimmers...

Cheers

TO THE PUB ! :cool:
e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Going pretty good here. No really exciting news or anything over thsi way tho. Post some pics of the new bike!