where is the outside air temp sensor?

A Lounge for off topic discussions

Moderators: synergy, kyleabaker

96is
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Re: where is the outside air temp sensor?

Post by 96is »

Gotta say I liked those photos of the M1 concept. It's pretty slick though I'm not a huge fan of the wheels. Many dreams are sure to involve that car and me and some kind of mischief :)
96 - 318is
97 VW Jetta GLS (totalled and why I hate curbs)
91 - 318is (gone but not forgotten)
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Gentleman... This needs to happen more often ( me replying and all lol )

Work is keeping me far too busy me thinks.

I actually feel lost HAHAHA... stranger in the site i once called home lol.
How you guys doing? Whats news?

I need advice from you guys... my 316 doing something weird. Thought it was just battery getting old so i replaced it and no difference. When you turn the key the motor does nothing, and there is a funny feeback noise throughthe speakers, try again and it might do it again, and normally on the 3rd of 4th start the motor will turn very lazely and start. Are we talking solenoid problems or brushes or starter :!: :(

I wanna get the 316 starter issue fixed and trae her in, found a lovely e46 330ci which i am very keen on. But i know im gonna nget screwed on the trade in price if the strater is doing this when they check it out.
As usual i look forward to hearing your advice.

Whats news with u guys ?
The beemers going well i hope !

And i am late for a meeting ! Sh*t

Chat later guys

Cheers

TO THE PUB! :cool:
e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Haha, coop...this definitely needs to happen more often! Sorry, I've been busy on vacation so kind of slow to reply. The site may not feel like home much right now after the major site upgrading and updating that I've done, haha. My bad...but you should make it your new home now. :P

I've been doing great, no complaints.

About your 316, I'd say check the starter first or have it looked at. If the battery is holding some juice then even after running the headlights and radio for a while then that eliminates the alternator. I'll do some deeper searching and see what I can come up with, but your best bet is to replace the starter if you can find a cheap one.

My bimmer is still rolling, haha. I haven't done any maintance to it in a long time, but I did recently give it a good wash down to make it sparkle. :w00t My clutch pedal is getting a little soft and I haven't looked into it, but I think I just need to add some more brake fluid to help build the pressure. It's happened before, but there was a leak in clutch before. I got that fixed, so hopefully it's nothing this time.
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Hey buddy,

How goes things ?? Sorted the problem... was the solenoid. Quick and cheap to fix.. not as cheap as adding brake fluid LOL

Got some news for ya.. im defecting from the e36 :oops: But still a bimmer though. Getting a 330i e46 :D :cool:
Will post pics as soon as i get my hands on her.

How is the weather on that side ? we coming out of a crappy cold winter which was very bike and car UN-friendly :!:

Chat soon again my mate
Take care

TO THE PUB ! :cool:
e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

The weather here has been scorching hot! Some maintenance guys came by to fix the hot water heater yesterday and they broke something on the A/C unit, so I've been sweating out the heat all day yesterday and all day today. Sucks. It's been like just under 90 degrees F in my apartment all day and that's only a little better than going out side to cool off.

I'm looking forward to those pics! :rock
96is
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by 96is »

Coop, I'm ready to see those pics too. Sorry to hear about having to drop some cash on the outgoing Bimmer.

Kyle speaking of A/C, my car's had been acting up (like not cooling :) last summer and this summer, turns out that it was the compressor :( Not fun, but hopefully I get her back in a day or so.

Also, We're getting ready to set up our job site in Charlotte for the Nascar Hall of fame so I'm going to be in Charlotte Aug 25th early to about mid-day on the 28th. If you're going to be down in that area let me know.
When do classes start back for you? Looking forward to a no-class semester over hear :)
96 - 318is
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

My car has had the notorious problem with the A/C for a while where the fan speeds 1+2 don't work while 3+4 work normally. I looked it up a while back and found what the problem was and it wasn't a big deal or hard to fix. I've just been lazy, haha. I'll have to look it up again and make a to-do list. :D

Classes start back on the 20th so I most likely won't be able to get away from Raleigh, but if for some reason I am headed toward Charlotte I'll definitely let you know! It'd be cool to meet up and grab a couple drinks or something, haha.
96is
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by 96is »

Hey Kyle,
I made the trip and got most of the work done. Sorry for not giving an update while I was there. How bad did you get rained on from 'Fay'. Monday afternoon, Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty much toast in Charlotte thanks to the rain. I did manage to get some work done though.

Hope you've a great Labor day tomorrow. I'm heading out on a 100-mile bike (not motorcycle ) ride just to celebrate. I hope to survive :)

Cheers!
96 - 318is
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

How was the 100-mile bike ride?
96is
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by 96is »

The ride was good. I made it quicker than my last century, but still far more time than the pros. How are classes coming so far? What's going on that way? getting ready for Halloween?

John
96 - 318is
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Classes are going well and I'm getting nearer to the end, haha. The only thing going on right now is Homecoming here at NC State today. We're playing Boston College...we'll see how that turns out.

Halloween, I haven't started planning anything yet. What do you have planned so far?
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

What are you guys doing? No activity lately. :P

Hope everything's well.
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Happy New Year Guys !!! :rock

How the hell are we ???

Things are sloooow this side... it sucks getting back into the work rythm when you been on your ass for a month lol.

Whats news gents ? How are our beemers running ?

Cheers
Coop
TO THE PUB! :cool:
e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Bimmer is good. I had a slight problem with my radiator recently, but it's fixed now. We are expecting 3-6 inches of snow tonight and it's already snowing pretty heavily so hopefully it will pull through.

What's new your side guys?
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

I never got round to posting pics of my bike did i ? LOL and i have changed bikes again since last time we spoke... here she is, my new baby Grrrrrr

Aint she sexy !?
G2G.jpg
G2G.jpg (30.57 KiB) Viewed 9639 times
e36 316
e36 318is project car