online fraud / bad experiences

A Lounge for off topic discussions

Moderators: synergy, kyleabaker

Smart Bree
n00b-1st Gear
n00b-1st Gear

online fraud / bad experiences

Post by Smart Bree »

hey hey, I was just curious about your people's experiences with online fraud / bad purchases... if any of you have actually been put in that situation -- I have... I've bought a salvaged $15,000 car on ebay, only to find out it was totalled while being transported. Looking forward to your feedback!!
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

I've not had any serious experience with online fraud or bad purchases. The only thing I can tell you from experience is that some things on ebay are trash, lol. I always double check with ebay before purchasing something for my car just to make sure I'm not making a big mistake price wise, but in the past i've gotten stuff that is just trash and had to go back to replace it. Other than that, the only fraud stuff I run into is fraudulent emails from fake paypal websites and fake emails about people trying to change my hotmail password, lol. They all make a fake website that appears exactly the same as the original and try to get you to attempt to login to their site, which sends password information and access to your personal information. With ebay, they will usually help you out a lot with bad purchases that are not as they were advertised or fraud.

What other bad experiences have you had or are you worried about?

cheers!
Geeky Crissy
n00b-1st Gear
n00b-1st Gear

Post by Geeky Crissy »

why didn't you just call them about it?
[size=0]Rent and Lease Newport Beach Duffy Boat Rental[/size]
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Yeah, did anything ever happen about it?