Video: BMW 640i Coupe in Frozen Bronze Metallic

What's New in the BMW World!?

Moderators: synergy, kyleabaker

bimmermania
Turbo Charged Member
Turbo Charged Member

Video: BMW 640i Coupe in Frozen Bronze Metallic

Post by bimmermania »

The all-new BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe makes its world debut this week at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show.

Along with an Alpine White model, BMW showcases for the first time a new Individual color. Dubbed Frozen Bronze Metallic, the special paint is one of the five options offered in the BMW Individual catalog and exclusive to the 6er Gran Coupe.

The BMW 640i Gran Coupe variant will debut this summer in the U.S. with a base price of $76,895, followed by the 650i Gran Coupe (with xDrive option as well) in early September. From launch time, the 6 Series Gran Coupe will be available with the M Sport Package.

The 6 Series Gran Coupe will cater to buyers looking for a sporty and sleek-looking BMW without sacrificing interior space and storage. The 4+1 seat addition to the 6 Series line combines stunning proportions, design and driving dynamics of the 6 Series Coupe with interior room and amenities for up to five passengers.

The model previewed in Geneva also sports the Opal White full-leather trim with the leather-covered instrument panel and Alcantara BMW Individual roof liner in Amaro Brown.

The entry-level model 640i is powered by a 3.0 liter six-cylinder TwinPower rated at 225 kW/315 hp at 5,800 to 6,00 and high peak torque of 330 lb-ft, on stream between 1,300 and 4,500 rpm. Highest offering, 650i Gran Coupe uses an upgraded 4.4-liter V-8 engine (N63Tu) that adds BMW’s VALVETRONIC variable valve timing with 445 hp between 5,500 and 6,000 rpm (a 45 hp increase), and peak torque of 480 lb-ft between 2,000 and 4,500 rpm (a 30 lbs-ft increase).

See our full coverage from 2012 Geneva Motor Show!

Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage

Author: Horatiu Boeriu
Source: http://www.bmwblog.com/2012/03/10/video ... -metallic/