Spy Photos: BMW 7 Series Facelift shows new iDrive with touc

What's New in the BMW World!?

Moderators: synergy, kyleabaker

bimmermania
Turbo Charged Member
Turbo Charged Member

Spy Photos: BMW 7 Series Facelift shows new iDrive with touc

Post by bimmermania »

BMW continues the winter testing program for the upcoming BMW 7 Series Facelift and our spy photographers have once again managed to snap some shots of the test mule. The biggest surprise comes this time from inside the car. Based on the spy shots we have seen, corroborated with insider information, we can certainly say that the refreshed 7 Series will feature a new iDrive system.

While the overall concept behind the iDrive remains unchanged, the main addition to the system is a touchpad surface placed on top of iDrive knob. The touchpad, similar to the Audi system, will allow the driver and passenger to easily enter numbers and characters through gestures without looking at the system.

The F01 and F02 7er LCI models will feature full LED headlights that were redesigned to look sleeker and are smaller in size. The taillights remained unchanged but are slightly darker in color than the current model.

All 7 Series LCI models will get the signal indications integrated into the side mirrors.

Further changes occur under the hood. The 750xd will have the same 3 liter tri-turbo diesel engine as seen in the recently unveiled M550d, X5 M50d and X6 M50d. The engine produces 381 horsepower and will be unveiled in Geneva as well.

The U.S. entry-level model, the 740i will change its engine to the N55B30 which produces 320 horsepower. The 750i will now use the N63B44TU powerplant that produces 450 horsepower. BMW 760i remains the top model in the lineup.

The facelfited BMW 7 Series will go on sale this July, therefore we anticipate a product reveal at the New York Auto Show in April.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

[Photos: Pixner / BimmerParts-Online.com via BimmerToday]Image

Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage

Author: Horatiu Boeriu
Source: http://www.bmwblog.com/2012/03/03/spy-p ... -touchpad/