Hit-and-run: Car got hit in the parking lot

(1991-1999)

Moderators: synergy, kyleabaker

kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hit-and-run: Car got hit in the parking lot

Post by kyleabaker »

Some idiot hit my car while it was parked and i was not around, now i have this crappy dent and no one to blame to get insurance to cover it. anyone know what options i have?

here are pics of the damage...

mebrandon86
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Post by mebrandon86 »

i have to go to main campus building tomorrow for my financial aid kyle, ill find someone there to ask about security cameras where you parked... talk to you later...
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

i doubt they have video cameras there, but if they do and they get it on tape that would be great!

my guess tho is that the only way i'll get this fixed is if you can find paint on the car that did it. it would be on a corner, possibly some green paint smered into it and/or a dent. if you find anything just relay the license plate number to me and i'll have my insurance company handle it from there.
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

would it be a good time to upgrade to a bodykit since i'll be painting anyways? i'm gonna have the fender replaced with an oem one, gonna cost like $212 at bavauto for the fender alone, not including painting and bodyshop labor costs.

anyone have any suggestions for a bodykit on my car? i like the m-tech body kits, but i'm open to suggestions.
mebrandon86
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Post by mebrandon86 »

that would be sweet... you should post some links/pics of some you like, i was having problems finding m-tech kits for an e-36 all i could find was e-46... but i am a noob lol... :D
mebrandon86
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Post by mebrandon86 »

:D... and on the labor to replace the fender, what do you think about letting mayland do it kyle? or is that too risky?I have heard of lots of people bringing their cars to mayland
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

mebrandon86 wrote::D... and on the labor to replace the fender, what do you think about letting mayland do it kyle? or is that too risky?I have heard of lots of people bringing their cars to mayland
if i can get it painted and matched then i can swap it out myself, it will just take a while to figure it out, but i mean i have all of the resource to tell me how right here on my site, :D

you can help if you want, haha

...will post pics of bodykit stuff after my paper gets finished, haha. english sucks :(
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Bimmerwerkz.com thread about this incident...
http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/3-seri ... 45018.html