Clutch sticking to floor..leaking brake fluid. [SOLVED]

(1991-1999)

Moderators: synergy, kyleabaker

dan1braden
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Post by dan1braden »

The newest and greatest of my problems is making me go insane. I get into my car this morning and go to press the clutch and there is no force. My car doesnt even roll back so it must not be engaging!.. in fact when i press the clutch down it actually sticks and won't come back on its own. So, i am in dier need for some help!!...Please Anyone!!!
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

I had a similar problem a while back. My clutch in my case was losing pressure. Check and see if your brake fluid is filled to the proper level first. It might simply be low on brake fluid...which is what the clutch uses to build pressure. It might be that this brake fluid is leaking like mine was..and was not too expensive to get fixed. First just check the brake fluid, then check back. We'll get it worked out.
dan1braden
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Post by dan1braden »

yeah it was the fluid thanks.... i just pumped the brakes for like ten minutes and my clutch came back.... for some reason it wasn't getting fluid to the clutch. Thanks for the help once again
dan1braden
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Post by dan1braden »

my car is somehow leaking dot4 braking fluid. I get into my car to go to the store and the clutch is once again sticking to the floor. So its not getting fluid. I look under the car it leaked the fluid. So how hard is it to fix the fluid going to my clutch? or is it worth to have bmw do it for me!
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

That's the exact same problem I had with my car. I took it by a shop and they had it fixed in no time. It's a small pin or something that breaks and allows the fluid to leak.

Just take it by the shop and let them fix it for you. Not too expensive.
Last edited by kyleabaker on Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
dan1braden
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Post by dan1braden »

yeah was a litte expensive, but not too bad! i had our mechanic look at it and he told me it was a hydrolic that snaped. So i went with him and the part costed 200 bucks and he did the job for 80 bucks so wasnt to bad. Anyway thanks again!