SOMTHINGS WRONG AC/ AND DEFROSTER

(1991-1999)

Moderators: synergy, kyleabaker

325I GUY
n00b-1st Gear
n00b-1st Gear

SOMTHINGS WRONG AC/ AND DEFROSTER

Post by 325I GUY »

ALRIGHT I HAVE 95 325I AND MY A/C DOES'T PUT OUT ANY COLD AIR AND MY DE-FROSTER DOESN'T DE-FROST CAN SOME ONE TELL WHERE I SHOULD LOOK FIRST
bEEMER gUY
Coop101
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Coop101 »

Have u tried the obvious like checking the gas ? fuses etc...

Does th AC clutch engage when u turn the AC on ? easily spotted at idle as a drop in RPM as the clutch engages... if so then u are probably out of gas...

Good luck ,let us know
e36 316
e36 318is project car
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

First off, you should check the fuses under the hood, make sure none are burnt out and check with your owners manual to see what fuse is what.

If none of the fuses are burnt out then....is any air coming out of the vents at all? is it just blowing warm air? If so then you're probably just running low on freon. If that is the case then you have a leak somewhere in the a/c system. some people say you can trace this leak with a black light, however, they do make kits with a dye in them to help the naked eye find a leak in the pipes.

If I were you I'd just have a mechanic check for leaks and refill with freon.

as for the defroster, that is most likely fuse-related. you could also check the connection of the plugs on the rear window, i believe they are in the bottom corners, somewhat hidden.
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

Instructions for a refill kit...

To do it yourself, its easy. Go to Walmart and get a R134 recharge kit, the one with the gauge on it. Stick that hose on your low pressure fitting (the one up by the passenger side firewall...)

The pic above shows the E36 A/C system low pressure service port, it has a black plastic cap on it normally. This is where you connect your R134 service kit to. Run the motor and A/C compressor and fill the system till you get 30-35 psi on the gauge. That's all there is to it. Put the cap back on when you're done.
325I GUY
n00b-1st Gear
n00b-1st Gear

Post by 325I GUY »

thanks guys ima try that today after work ill let ya'll know whats happens
bEEMER gUY
kyleabaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kyleabaker »

so what's the status 325I GUY? any progress? and did that recharger kit help?

cheers.